Director, Business Continuity and Crisis Management at NBCUniversal (Remote)
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Director, Business Continuity and Crisis Management, working in coordination with Business Continuity Officers in individual business, will develop, maintain, and implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including but not limited to, risk assessments, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures across the NBCUniversal enterprise.
This role is responsible for developing, maintaining, and assisting with implementing business continuity and crisis management strategies and solutions for the NBCU International portfolio. The Director will identify potential risks, threats, and vulnerabilities that could impact NBCUniversal's International business operations, and proactively building organisational resilience and capability for adequate response and recovery in such a crisis. The incumbent will report to the Vice President of Business Continuity and Crisis Management.
- Primary development and ongoing maintenance (in coordination with the individual business) for business continuity plans using mutually agreed upon standards and customized solutions for NBCUniversal International operations.
- Development and execution of business continuity and crisis management resiliency exercises within individual businesses across the enterprise
- Identify and liaise with Business Continuity Officers (within each business) to develop effective working relationships and goals, actionable plans, and exercises
- Maintain and update the Business Continuity/Crisis Management internal corporate website and develop awareness materials
- Perform readiness assessments and provide analyses for individual businesses to identify points of vulnerability, single points of failure and identify risk avoidance and mitigation strategies
- Develop status reports on individual business preparedness and recoverability, and prepare management summary reports
- Analyse and report on implications of regulatory/audit/underwriter requirements and industry guidance on business continuity programs
- Perform analysis, prepare recommendations, visualize data sets, and implement enterprise business continuity planning tools (i.e., Business Continuity Management and mass notification solutions)
- Support the NBCU Business Continuity/Crisis Management Vice President by developing BC/CM plans. Assist the preparation of and facilitation of business continuity/crisis management exercises.
- Support the Technology Continuity team in developing the requirements and reporting of IT Disaster Recovery programmes.
- Regular use and maintenance of BC/CM IT systems including NBCU emergency notification system (MIR3).
- Prepare reports and presentations for executive leadership
Responsibilities are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
- Minimum 5 years' of direct experience in business continuity, crisis planning, emergency management, facilities/critical systems management, security planning, or related role
- Minimum 2 years' experience in project management
- Demonstrated success in leading large-scale system implementations and change management
- Collaborative and Consultative-style-able to provide excellent client-service while also able to diplomatically address issues and present alternate approached or solutions.
- Strong project management and analytical skills.
- Able to function independently, under pressure, and perform multiple duties with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Other languages or the willingness to learn would be an advantage.
- Willing and able to work within a small dynamic team operating across the spectrum of Business Continuity and Crisis Management in the International space.
- Experience in working in the media, financial services or public safety industries preferred.
- Strong skills using Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Communications, Public Administration, Political Science, Criminal Justice, Homeland Security, Emergency/Crisis Management, or similar concentration.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in a role requiring verbal and written communication with senior leaders
- Minimum two (2) years' experience creating pro-active strategy for large organizations with multiple locations and multiple business lines
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (DRII CBCP) or equivalent industry certification and Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) or equivalents preferred
- Collaborative/Consultative-style - able to provide excellent client-service while also able to diplomatically push back with alternate approaches or solutions
- Hands-on and tactical approach during a crisis with the ability to implement and execute
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Comfortable working in a federated model using influencing and supporting skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent personal leadership skills - proven ability to build, develop and motivate a team
- Proactive, well organised and results-oriented, with the ability to lead and participate in multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience managing complex projects and providing solutions to business challenges
- Prior experience in production or media, financial services or public safety industries preferred
- Proven success in process improvement for large, complex operations
- Strong skills using the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.