Attention NJ Applicants : In April 2020, our Company announced plans to consolidate our New Jersey campuses into a single New Jersey headquarters location in Rahway, NJ by 2023. Therefore, the NJ work location for this role will be temporarily based and the exact timing of the departmental move to Rahway, NJ will be communicated at a future date.
Essential function(s) includes, but is not limited to:
This person is a functional area expert who promotes business decisions across all divisions in the areas of New Product Development and Business Development and Licensing. Through partnering with our Human Health Division Customer Business Line directors this individual leads the creation and validation of long-term commercial revenue forecasts that are critical inputs needed for investment decisions. Therapeutic area of focus is Oncology.
This work requires broad and deep comprehension of the commercial pharmaceutical market, advanced technical skills to model and integrate often complex internal and external data, as well as management skills to work constructively with other functional experts across the organization. Projects are often global, with breakouts by key regions, requiring a good comprehension of the international pharmaceutical marketplace. As many projects are highly business sensitive, maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
Basic tasks of this role are as follows:
- Business and Functional Expertise: A strong understanding of oncology market as area of forecasting focus.
- Serves as a key resource for project teams to help define suitable milestones and achieve objectives.
- Business Acumen: Good business judgment - particularly in translating complex information into well promoted conclusions and recommendations.
- Forecasting / Analytical Methods: An in-depth appreciation of forecasting and advanced analytical methods to inform unique and complex investment decisions.
- Human Health Division and Cross Divisional alliance: Close partnership with Customer Business Line New Products and Business Development project teams.
- Directing and/or actively participating in cross-divisional projects is expected, particularly across Human Health Division, Research and Development division and corporate functions.
Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- Synthesize complex information to drive fact-based recommendations, develop key forecast assumptions and a compelling rationale to align business stakeholders on assessment valuations, business risks and opportunities.
- Integrate advanced analytics capabilities in an easy to comprehend manner, using a data first mindset to drive strategic decisions.
- Continually work towards greater cross-functional and divisional belief and Collaboration in the areas of forecasting and analytics.
- Foster and promote a learning culture that strives for greater quality, efficiency and innovation ultimately improving team productivity and work product.
- Prioritize and manage complex forecasting projects with little to no guidance in an evolving, fast-paced environment.
- Achieve critical business results while maintaining our company's Leadership Standards.
- Partner and team up across many functions including Marketing, Market Research, Finance, our Manufacturing Division, and our Research & Development Division.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across large & diverse functional teams
- Demonstrated leadership knowledge in delivering complex solutions, driving decision making and influencing perspectives promoted with sound analytics
- Ability to manage in ambiguous environments, and to adapt to the changing needs of the business
- Proven ability to analyze and reliably translate key product attributes into robust forecast assumptions.
- Strong knowledge of long and short-range forecasting techniques / software and quantitative problem solving
- Strong analytical skills; an aptitude for problem-solving and strategic thinking
- Ability to synthesize complex information into clear and actionable recommendations
- Education: Bachelors degree; MS/MA/MBA degree, in marketing or analytic field (e.g., Statistics, OR, Finance, etc.)
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and forecasting tools/techniques
Required Knowledge :
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant Pharmaceutical Industry commercial working knowledge (e.g., sales, marketing, market research, access...)
- Integrating complex therapeutic and commercial data to create reliable forecast projections.
- Strong business expertise with a good comprehension of standard financial valuation techniques and outputs used for management conclusions.
- Good comprehension of the global market access environment (particularly in our company's core operating territories).
- An in-depth appreciation of market research methodologies (ideally with direct knowledge).
- Demonstrated direction and a successful track record of managing complex projects.
- Commercial evaluation processes for Business Development or Licensing.
- Knowledge working in oncology therapeutic area
- Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity and to adapt to the changing needs of customers and the business.
Our Human Health Division maintains a "patient first, profits later" ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Residents of Colorado:
Click here to request this role's pay range.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: