Director- Auto Retail at J.D. Power (Remote)
External Title: Director, Automotive Retail
Internal Title: Director, Automotive Retail
Location: U.S. Remote
Reports to (title): Senior Director, Automotive Retail
Be where the voice of the consumer meets the value of the brand.
At J.D. Power, you’ll be at the heart of commerce, working for a worldwide leader whose intelligence and insights are shaping the way people sell and the way people buy.
The Role: As a director in J.D. Power’s Automotive Retail practice, you will strive to leverage and further develop your skill sets to successfully manage projects, provide excellent client service, and conduct analyses in the interest of exceeding practice and client goals and objectives.
The Impact: You will work directly with large automotive manufacturers—who maintain some of the biggest retail brands in the world—as well as various other internal and external business partners and entities.
- Client Success/Project Management & Execution
- Manage and execute retail consulting and proprietary research projects for large automaker client(s) with focus on retail sales and service CX optimization. Activities include design, development, and implementation.
- Ensure project delivery exceeds client expectations and meets pre-determined project budgets
- Build and manage relationships with client organizations
- Develop collaborative relationship with JDP account teams, research organization, Product and PIN practice areas, and Finance and Accounting organizations
- Conduct key client presentations
- Manage vendor and partner relationships
- Analyze data to provide actionable insights that improve client ROI
- Deliver J.D. Power research study results with responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Expert comprehension of study structure, scope, and methodology
- Study deliverable development/management, including data analysis and identification of key points and insights—proficient use of MS Office including Excel and PowerPoint
- Product and Business Development
- Develop new retail automotive products and services that support broader global auto strategy
- Support auto retail growth through contributions to syndicated and retail measurement tools
- Incorporate use of customer sales and service transaction data into new product concepts
- Develop support and marketing materials for account team
- Develop proposals for new business
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Assist in development of partner relationships
- Contribute to Automotive Retail thought leadership
- Internal Operations Management
- Develop budgets, execute forecasts, and hold financial performance responsibility for project/client
- Strengthen skill development of team members (project management, financial management, presentation skills, client relations)
- Train, mentor, and coach high-quality individuals for the practice area
- Participate in new product development efforts including strategy, scoping and proposal creation
- Ten years+ of experience on staff and/or managing substantial project workload for automotive OEM(s) with emphasis on retail sales/marketing and/or service
- Bachelor’s Degree Required/Master’s Degree in Business a plus
- Consulting experience a plus
- Experience with managing a team of resources
- Expert communication, concern resolution and organizational skills
- Expert presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with active collaboration among team members and external business partners/vendors
The Career Opportunity: The director role provides ample opportunities to develop a multitude of business skill sets and earn consideration for career advancement.
The Team / The Business: J.D. Power’s Automotive Retail practice is a mission-critical component of the company, responsible for the industry-leading Sales Satisfaction IndexSM (SSI) and Customer Service IndexSM (CSI) studies, along with numerous client projects and other J.D. Power research studies, including the recently launched Electric Vehicle ConsiderationSM (EVC) Study.
Our Hiring Manager says: For the director role, we’re looking for a forward-thinking self-starter who:
- Works smart vs just hard
- Functions well in a team environment
- Can successfully navigate a fast-paced, dynamic marketplace and workload
- Takes pride in their work
- Strives for success
- Expertly manages client relationships
- Has a sense of humor
- Is hungry to prove their merit for performance-based growth and advancement
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, advisory services and data and analytics. A pioneer in the use of big data, artificial intelligence (AI) and algorithmic modeling capabilities to understand consumer behavior, J.D. Power has been delivering incisive industry intelligence on customer interactions with brands and products for more than 50 years. The world's leading businesses across major industries rely on J.D. Power to guide their customer-facing strategies.
J.D. Power is clear about what we do to ensure our success into the future. We unite industry leading data and insights with world-class technology to solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At J.D. Power, we strive to be Truth Finders, Change Makers and Team Driven - the distinct behaviors that, together, define our unique culture.
Truth Finders - At J.D. Power, we are proud of the unbiased data and findings we provide. As individuals, each and every member of our team is dedicated to living this same objectivity and embodying the highest ethical and professional standards – the only ‘favorite’ we have is the truth.
Change Makers - At J.D. Power, we never stand still. We constantly seek better ways – innovating and evolving in everything we do to support our colleagues and our clients alike – and all in service of delivering data and insights that drive meaningful business impact.
Team Driven - At J.D. Power, we are one team and we are activated. Regardless of individual role, every member of our team is dedicated to supporting their immediate colleagues and our broader J.D. Power family to deliver on our collective purpose and make us greater than the sum of our parts. At J.D. Power, these values are more than words. We bring these values to life throughout our organization through our employee event series — J.D. Power Values Days. Each quarter, we celebrate one of our core values and hold an annual event to celebrate our combined values at the end of the year.
We are dedicated to leveraging comprehensive and equitable practices which contribute to the overall success of the company and its employees. We invite you to learn more about our DE&I efforts.
To all recruitment agencies: J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.