Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
Within Visa, Acceptance Solutions provides clients with acceptance innovation to support their payments offering. We deliver a scaled, open acceptance platform, which provides aggregators, payfacs and software vendors with the technology and operational infrastructure needed to grow and run their merchant portfolios. This includes core processing across a wide range of payment methods and types, fraud products, tokenization, training, sales enablement, billing, boarding, etc.
Visa has been fortunate to earn business from acquirers, payfacs and software providers across the globe. Many related implementations are large, custom deployments, while others are standard applications of our core solution sets. Some deliver a “one-stop shop” for aggregators to serve merchants of all sizes, and others represent modular deployments of specific capabilities like network access, fraud or merchant boarding.
The Director, Aggregator and SMB Operations, will be responsible for defining and tracking critical metrics across these deployments to improve overall efficiency and spot opportunities to improve both client experience and operating performance. This role is cross-functional, and sits between Product, Sales, Sales Operations and Customer Support to influence quality outcomes for the business.
This is an operating role. It will be detailed in orientation, and the successful candidate will likely have a background in leading complex, software centric implementations. The scope of the role is global, and interacts with all regions, often in the same day. The role reports to the VP of Aggregator and SMB solutions and will work across global deployments to level-up client implementations such that they consistently reflect evolving best practices. This role will not have P&L accountability, however, the link between enabled operational efficiencies and commercial outcomes will be tracked and used to evaluate success.
This role requires someone who can influence across functions and people with whom there is no formal reporting relationship. Executive interaction will be frequent. Guiding cross-functional teams and influencing peers to use operating KPIs to evolve client engagements will be crucial. Above all, this person must be committed to continuous improvement across active client implementations.
- KPI development- This includes “non-obvious” metrics beyond revenue, transactions and payment volume. Examples could include page view on our merchant portal, call volume, boarding times, growth rate of merchant boards, attach rate of value-added services, etc.
- Requirements definition- Document and prioritize potential platform or operating enhancements based on KPI review.
- Internal Team Leadership- Participation in program reviews and planning sessions to guide direction and embed cross-program best practices
- Client interaction- Gathering direct feedback from client working teams to better understand what works, what doesn’t, and where we can improve
- Voice of the Client- Communicates acquirer, payfac and tech partner needs to the org.
- Evangelism- Represent solutions within market (event participation, webinars, etc.), and purposeful communication across the org to drive awareness of client deployments and promote resourcing and investment needs to extend success
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
May consider applicants in Ashburn, VA, Arlington, VA, Atlanta, GA, Miami, FL, Lehi, UT, New York, NY, Bellevue, WA, Foster City, CA, San Francisco, CA , Highlands Ranch, CO, Wilmington, DE and Austin, TX.
COLORADO APPLICANTS ONLY - The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position in Colorado is 124,200 to 161,500 USD. Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position is eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.Qualifications
• 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
• Passion for working with customer-facing teams and using data to improve experience and efficiency
• Customer-centric mentality with a history of leading revenue-generating solutions at scale.
• Must have experience developing and detailing operating plans, building and running implementation plans, and leading teams to deliver on the vision of software-based solutions and services
• Specific industry experience in eCommerce and/or mobile and direct responsibilities for running merchant solutions
• Highly analytical and structured thinker with an excellent ability to put sophisticated ideas into clear frameworks and to use data to drive objectives and priorities
• Excellent communicator, with ability to lead through influence
• Willingness and ability to be an internal force for positive disruption when needed…not afraid of internal friction
• 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
• Minimum 5 years of experience managing complex deployments in the payments industry
• Minimum 10 years of experience in operations for a SaaS-based enterprise
• Advanced degree (MBA, JD) strongly preferred, especially in fields that promote critical thinking, data analysis, organizational change, or similar analytical field
• A technical background in software development or similar domain is strongly preferred as the ideal candidate will be able to understand the technical foundations of payments and the trade-offs involved in building a global payments platform
• Experience in small companies or “startups,” in the process of getting online and growing a company is highly desirable
• Experience with international markets and comfort working across time zones
• Strong commercial savvy and understanding of financial models, solutions packaging and pricing as well as marketing engagement
• Must be focused on outcomes, able to balance multiple tasks of an urgent nature and must effectively deal with ambiguity
• Compelling verbal and written communication abilities including public speaking and evangelism
• Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated effective listening and questioning skills and is comfortable dealing with all levels in the organization
• Very comfortable receiving and giving feedback in a constructive manner
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 30 % of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.