Direct Support Manager at Careerlink (Omaha, NE)
| Omaha, NE
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:39 p.m. (CST) on Friday, September 16, 2022
Our client is seeking a Direct Support Manager to join their growing team. The selected team member will be responsible for supervising two truck drivers, five agency employees, and around fifteen individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the Direct Support Manager will be tasked with assuring quality delivery of community-based services.
Essential Job Duties
Essential Job Duties
- Managers are responsible for direct supervision of on average four to ten direct support professionals whose responsibilities are to provide hands on support to the people receiving services by the agency.
- Possess a positive attitude and mentor employees in a manner that they feel valued and respected.
- Assure that people's needs are met, while taking a team approach to do so in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Assist with managing location fiscal budget.
- Work with coordinators and DSP's to ensure accurate billing data for location; including but not limited to:
- Ensuring daily attendance is entered.
- Monitor monthly attendance for all services provide to ensure billing does not result in repayment to the state.
- Stay apprised of funding levels of all people and notify Coordinator of any changes. Be aware of the impact the funding levels have on staffing.
- Assist with building and fostering a culture that:
- Empowers direct reports to think outside the box while meeting new challenges.
- Tempers high expectations for job performance with kindness.
- Holds people accountable with respect, ensuring HR documentation is completed.
- Allows for transparent communication.
- Requires people to participate in projects and areas of need, regardless of job title.
- Manage employee schedules; ensuring appropriate levels of support for each location. Will use out of the box strategies to recruit and keep the best candidates for open positions.
- Consistently communicate with leader of the sub pool employees to cover planned vacancies.
- Works as part of a team to foster creativity throughout location and area for growth, business development and person-centered planning.
- Ensure all team decisions are implemented as agreed upon and habilitation goals meet SMART criteria prior to implementation.
- Assure that Agency policies and procedures are adhered to including but not limited to abuse and neglect, financial documentation, and human resources.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with all people at a location. Be an active part including being physically present at all locations managed.
- Establish and maintain consistent lines of communication with all stakeholders.
- Promote a proactive approach when facing change.
- Assure that people are active in meaningful activities in their community, in line with the HCBS ruling.
- Actively participate in meeting goals set forth in the Agency Strategic plan.
- Willing to be flexible with schedule and put in the necessary time to ensure superior service delivery.
- Able to work independently and in a self-directed manner.
- A high school diploma or GED required. Undergraduate degree in one of the Social Sciences is preferred.
- Minimum of one year paid experience in a community-based program working with persons with developmental disabilities.
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid driver's license, pass a driving record check, and depending on Agency needs be required to have available an automobile with required state insurance coverage for purposes of transporting persons in service.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite and all Agency required systems.
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, walk, sit, stand, climb, push, carry, and grasp.
More Information on Careerlink
Careerlink operates in the HR Tech industry. The company is located in Omaha, NE. Careerlink was founded in 1992. It has 16 total employees. To see all 432 open jobs at Careerlink, click here.
Read Full Job Description