Digital Risk Manager (Card)
As a Digital Risk Manager on Capital One's Card Risk Team, you will be responsible for working with business partners to identify and manage potential risks to Capital One. Risk Managers at Capital One are the first line of defense to ensure our Company remains well-managed and profitable.
Risk Managers at Capital One are highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills. These skills allow the Risk Manager to gain insights, and act as a change agent to influence their business partners. As Capital One evolves to meet the ever changing technology landscape, so do our Risk Managers. A successful Risk Manager operates from a foundation of knowledge about the Line of Business they support, applicable laws / regulations and good Risk Management practices. They are forward thinking, quick to adapt, and technologically adept. Risk Managers have a high level of exposure across lines of business and have the opportunity to work with Executives to create and implement innovative solutions to appropriately mitigate risks within the Card business.
- Consult on Risk to one or more business partners providing advice and guidance
- Engage business partners to identify and mitigate risks in the development and implementation of new business intent and ongoing execution
- Provide oversight and guidance during risk assessments
- Effectively challenge our business partners, 2nd (ex. Compliance and ORM) and 3rd lines (Audit)
- Analyze data to proactively identify risks and trends
- Stay abreast of the changing regulatory environment and understand the impacts to the business areas that you support
- Drive collaboration between Risk, Compliance and other business support functions (e.g., Legal, Privacy)
- Provide guidance to businesses and supporting functions in the implementation of risk management practices
- Participate in risk forums and contribute to continuous improvement of risk management practices
- Support, partner and interact with internal business clients
- Set direction, manage expectations and lead cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 2 years of Financial Services Compliance or at least 2 years of Risk Management experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Process Management or at least 2 years of experience in Project Management
- 2+ years of Digital Marketing or Digital Servicing experience
- 3+ years of Financial Services Compliance Risk Management experience
- 5+ years of experience in Analysis
- Agile or Design Thinking experience
- Certified Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Lean, Agile, Six Sigma, Business Process Management, or Project management certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).