Development Technicians Supervisor II at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Supervisor II – Development Technicians
The Electrical Solutions (ES) Development Technician Supervisor will have an acute understanding of tactical planning, estimating, hiring, and making the necessary choices between the various program priorities. You will be responsible for assigning technicians with the appropriate skills to programs.
What You’ll Do:
- Understand and communicate customer and department requirements to technicians and establish priorities, delegate, and ensure tasks are completed according to departmental requirements and schedules.
- Ensure employees are properly trained and receive the supervision and direction needed to accomplish their work assignments in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Provide input for design reviews, proposals, specifications, work standards, and business processes.
- Identify areas requiring constructive/tactful push-back, make continuous improvement suggestions and participate in initiatives to drive cost and schedule, improve productivity and process efficiency.
- Track departmental budget expenditures and may be accountable for overhead and operational budgets.
- Work with facility representative to identify space for program work areas.
- Implement EHS processes and procedures; recognize safety hazards, including hazardous materials, and pursue corrective action when necessary.
- Assist with asset management by flowing items through the metrology work center when routine calibrations are due and participate in audits.
- Participate in hiring interviews, approve timecards, and work with management and HR for disciplinary or performance issues or status change of employees.
- Write and conduct performance appraisals; work with management on salary merit increases; and recommend personnel promotions.
- Mentor, coach, develop and create career paths for technicians.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Working knowledge of Electronic fundamentals.
- Board test experience.
- Demonstrated aptitude of multitasking in a highly dynamic work environment and making quick decisions.
- Demonstrated ability communicating ideas clearly; can train and mentor peers to do the same.
- Demonstrated capacity to reinforce and build on diverse ideas.
- Effective interpersonal skills to work with people at all levels, internally and externally.
- Team leadership experience is highly preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work extra hours, overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed to meet critical schedules.
- Willingness to be submitted for a security clearance in the future; successful candidate will need to be able to pass a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Exposure to paint thinners, solvents, loud noises, etc., may occur.
- May be required to wear protective equipment such as safety glasses, respirators, etc., as necessary.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $73,500 - $99,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.