Desktop Support Technician at Ruby Receptionists
Do you enjoy helping end users through technical problems? Are you the go-to for friends and family when their computer crashes mid-page? We are seeking a strong Desktop Support Technician to bring technical expertise and a passion for the end user experience to Ruby!
The Desktop Support Technician thrives on delivering exemplary service and models best-in-class support skills as a member of the desktop support team. In this position, you will be part of a team that is growing in skill set regularly!
This position will report to the Desktop Support Manager and is located in our downtown Fox Tower office in Portland, OR, with some travel between office sites, as needed.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Provide technical support for end users who have created helpdesk tickets, leading troubleshooting efforts for complex technical issues.
- Aid users in the effective use of computer hardware, OS, software, and telephony technologies.
- Manage day-to-day operation of the help desk ticketing system.
- Administer user accounts changes (add, remove, update) in Active Directory, SaaS platforms, and software.
- Create and maintain desktop support procedures and documentation as part of the desktop support team.
- Stay current with industry trends and technology advancement.
- Maintain inventory and manage life cycle and decommissioning of hardware for your site.
- On-call after hours support for urgent tech issues (on-call rotation).
- Image, deploy, and maintain end user systems with programs such as WDS, PDQ, Jamf, and Intune.
Your Work DNA
- Every time there is a help desk ticket you see it as an opportunity to create an experience and really WOW someone with the magic of finding a solution.
- You can speak in terms that non-technical end-users understand and ask intuitive questions to get to the root of an issue.
- You have the patience of a saint, and the heart of teacher.
- You love to inspire the people you work with at creating meaningful relationships with our end users so you can be a valuable resource to our next phase of growth and understand what our end users need before they do.
- You are self-motived, timely, can multi-task, deliver on goals, work under pressure and are solution oriented.
- Two or more years of experience in a desktop / helpdesk role.
- Exceptional customer-centric and service orientation
- Technical knowledge of desktop technologies such as hardware (laptops, desktops), operating systems (Windows, Mac), mobile devices (iOS, Android), VOIP telephony, and peripherals are a plus.
- Technical knowledge of desktop-related technologies such as Active Directory, workstation imaging, and basic networking
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft products such as Office 365, SharePoint, Teams, and OneDrive For Business.
- Experience with administrative technologies such as helpdesk ticketing systems and software administration portals.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in and out of our department.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Certifications in one or more technologies is a plus but not required.
- Some work outside of typical business hours is required.
- Able and willing to travel for training and/or company needs.
- Ability to work by yourself.
Work takes place in an open office setting. This is a coverage position that requires the ability to work a consistent full-time schedule, including some afterhours work as needed. It requires the ability to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time and communicate effectively with a diverse audience in person, by phone and by computer. This position requires the ability to lift, push, and carry up to 50lbs, including moving tech equipment. This position requires the ability to crawl, crouch, and physically access equipment in high/low spaces. This position will require travel between office sites to provide support and coverage. It is strongly recommended that this position is filled with someone who can drive and has reliable transportation. After training is complete your schedule would be Monday - Friday 8-5 with paid lunches and breaks.
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all Rubys. As we plan to reopen our doors, we are implementing safety protocols to ensure that we are doing our part to keep those who work in our offices safe and help stop the spread of COVID-19.
We will be entering a phased reopening beginning in Fall/Winter, and intend to require proof of vaccination for employees who work in an office site.
Ruby participates in e-Verify where mandated by state or federal law, such as AZ. Feel free to ask us about this if you have any questions.
Ruby is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. We support and encourage diversity!
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of work visas at this time.
Ruby participates in e-Verify; however, we adhere to state or federal laws & regulations regarding non-participation where applicable. Feel free to ask us about this if you have questions.