About Pardon Ventures
Pardon Inc. is a modern family office and venture studio, dedicated to entrepreneurial endeavors with a curatorial and artistic lens. At our core is the spirit of invention and a drive to bring our wildest and most inspiring ideas to life. Powered by a diverse group of designers, strategists, and capital allocators, we work together to launch self-sustaining ventures and empower organizations we believe in. With a focus on email, current brands within the Pardon portfolio include Word Genius, Nice News, The Discoverer, Inspiring Quotes, Quiz Daily and more.
About the Role
As Deputy General Manager, you will be the right hand of the General Manager who oversees the day to day operations and strategic decision making for a subset of Pardon’s brands, including Nice News and Crossword Club. You will provide assistance in managing the brand roadmap, which involves implementing enhancements to existing brands and launching new brands.
You will assist in managing the core functions of brands, with a focus on Editorial, Business Development and Operations. You will also work cross-functionally with shared services, including individuals focused on Campaign Management, Customer Experience, Research, Revenue Operations, User Acquisition, Data & Analytics, People & Culture, and Finance. The ultimate goal is to support the GM to sustainably grow subscriber bases and revenue for each brand. Our hope is to expand sources of revenue and increase brand engagement, while finding product-market fit for each brand concept as quickly as possible.
This role will have an emphasis on Business Development, focusing on bringing in direct sponsors for existing brands and forging strategic partnerships with aligned companies.
- Operations: This role will provide support on key projects for the General Manager as needed. You will streamline processes for brands by identifying inefficient systems and finding solutions to solve problems.
- Business Development: You will help grow new revenue streams through direct outreach and building relationships with aligned brands. When engaging with potential partners and sponsors, you will speak articulately to the mission and performance of the brands. This also includes seeking out new market opportunities for brand concepts and initiatives with the potential for growth.
- Brand Strategy: You will implement strategies to grow and further engage audiences over time, including email and web optimizations, cross-functional marketing campaigns, giveaways, and email marketing. It is your responsibility to act as a voice for the subscriber, making decisions based on the mission of the brand and what will drive the best user experience.
- Product Management: You will assist the GM in detailing feature specs and requirements for design assets for your brand(s), including email templates, web designs, social assets and more. For brand optimizations and launches, you will support the Product Team to develop product requirements, prioritize initiatives and QA deliverables prior to launch.
- Customer Experience: You will keep a pulse on customer feedback and engagement, gaining a sense of what is working best for our audience, analyzing insights and making key decisions on how to proceed. Additionally, you will support the GM in analyzing data and improving key performance metrics of audiences.
- 5+ years of business development, product management and/or brand management experience at relevant content creation and/or digital-focused companies.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere with limited resources.
- An advanced understanding of email and web optimization, and the ability to analyze data analytics.
- Previous success in reaching and/or exceeding sales targets.A proven track record of strategic planning, goal setting, and successful execution.
- The ability to interpret and synthesize market information and consumer insights into actionable steps.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- A strong understanding of branding and marketing, with an eye for quality user experience design.
- Experience managing a close-knit and highly-productive team, while fostering a positive company culture.
- Proficiency with product management software, including communication tools like Asana, JIRA, AirTable and Slack is a plus.
- The ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and determine priorities based on time, complexity, and resources.
- Extreme attention to detail with a strong focus on Quality Assurance.
We aim to provide equal opportunity for all. We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds, and challenge each other to be better every day!