Demand & Inventory Planner at Foundry Brands (Remote)
We are founders and operators. Makers and dreamers. Entrepreneurs and consumers. Strong individuals with a united vision. Choosy in a good way. Curious to a fault. Here at Foundry we are a tech-forward consumer products company that acquires and grows online brands across the home, outdoor, pet, and beauty space. We grow brands we believe in by partnering with passionate founders to live and carry-out their vision. Our team has expertise in direct-to-consumer eCommerce, Amazon marketplace, M&A, and brand building having grown brands from scratch to over $1B! We are data obsessed, building our own proprietary technology to accelerate growth, improving operations to build long-lasting, sustainable brands for our founder partners and consumers.
Title: Demand & Inventory Planner
Reporting To: Inventory & Demand Planning Manager
Preferred Location: Pakistan
Reporting to the Inventory Management & Demand Planning Manager, this role will ensure our inventory availability and health across Foundry’s diverse portfolio of brands. You will be responsible for optimizing inventory and maintaining an educated forecast based on dynamic changes that occur across brand, channel, and SKU. This will be performed in close partnership with the Brand Growth team to accurately plan for expected sales on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. You will be responsible for executing strategic priorities across various sales channels and brands, as well as conducting high-impact analysis for Foundry’s supply chain key performance indicators.
- Demand Planning and Forecasting: In close partnership with our Brand Growth team, you will maintain an effective bottoms up forecast that’s heavily rooted in industry trends and demand patterns. With this forecast, you will determine pipeline replenishment needs, advise on stock-out risks, and drive team alignment on strategies to meet or exceed goals. You’ll also be integral in shaping business decisions by providing actionable insights fueled by analysis.
- Inventory Optimization: You’ll supply visibility to inventory holdings across a network of channels and warehousing locations, as well as maintain the appropriate amount of stock required to meet projected demand in each area. A key strategic goal for Foundry is to stay in stock across all channels, and this will be your #1 priority. To achieve this objective, you’ll drive collaborative initiatives across the organization while also keeping excess/aging inventory, holding costs, and product nuance considerations in mind.
- Other duties assigned & Special Projects.
Results (What you will accomplish!):
- Maintain informed forecast and replenishment activity to achieve ‘always in-stock' mantra
- Optimize inventory holdings across pipeline for all existing & new channels
- Drive visibility and mitigation strategies for potential stock-out risks and overstocks
- Analyze historical performance to drive process improvement & assortment strategy
- Deliver best-in-class performance across our key demand planning and inventory metrics
- Experience demand planning and managing inventory (4+ years experience preferred)
- Experience working cross-functionally and/or in matrixed organizations
- Exceptional analytical ability, highly proficient at excel
- A supply chain “super athlete” – strong foundation in supply chain / operations concepts, intellectually curious, equipped with a problem-solving mentality
- A self starter comfortable in fast paced, highly complex supply chain environments
- Operator at heart with a bias towards action
- Possesses exceptional attention to detail and the ability to zoom out and place challenges/opportunities into a greater business context
- Comfortable operating with messy data and incomplete information – but strives for data-based decision making backed by analytical rigor
Foundry is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce. As such, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, familial/marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.