We are looking for a Cargo Driver to join the Logistics Team! Reporting directly to the Logistics Manager, this role will be responsible for managing all aspects of transporting the product. The ideal candidate will be able to translate who we are as a company and a brand into our work to both our customers and employees. The safety of product is the prime responsibility of the shuttle driver. At the beginning and end of their shift, the driver needs to inspect their vehicle to ensure that it is functioning correctly. They must follow all traffic laws and posted speed limits, even at the expense of arriving late to their destinations. No texting or phone calls while operating any company vehicle will be tolerated. If they encounter any unsafe conditions or road hazards, the driver must report the problems to the manager. If their vehicle develops mechanical difficulties, the driver should document the problems and communicate needed repairs to mechanics. The driver must ensure that the product arrives safely.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Shuttle van driver must arrive to work on time, drive company vehicle following a set schedule or route
- Driver must gain familiarity with their route by studying maps if necessary
- Driver must maintain constant contact with the manager and keep track of product pickups and drop-offs as necessary
- If problematic situations escalate, they have to contact the manager
- Communicates in a friendly professional manner with clients and co-workers
- Operates and maintains company vehicle safely and efficiently, whether manual or standard transmission
- Handles all physical requirements for loading, transporting and driving without assistance
- Executes accurate and timely handling of pickups and drop offs
- Prepares accurate paperwork and records via TRR systems
What You Bring To The Role
- Climb/step-up into a van
- Grip, lift, push, pull, and carry wheeled, plastic bins over, up and down inclines, stairs, changes in walking surfaces and elevations
- Lift at least 70 lbs.
- Walk, stand and sit for extended periods of time
- Must be at least 21 years old with a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Be able to pass a pre-employment substance abuse screening and background check
- Demonstrate safe and efficient driving skills
- At least 4 year of route transportation experience is preferred
- Computer proficiency
- Attention to detail and accuracy in paperwork
- Strong customer service and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to adhere and enforce all security procedures
- Safely load and unload from the shuttle
- CDL preferred
- Must be punctual and available to work overtime as needed
GHR6684 #LI-SB28 #LI-Hybrid
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records. At TRR, People Come First. That’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our Diversity Equity and Inclusion program here.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.