About JW Player:
JW Player is the leading video software and data insights platform that gives our customers independence and control in today’s Digital Video Economy. Founded over a decade ago as an open source video player, JW Player’s technology platform now powers digital video for hundreds of thousands of businesses across NA, EMEA, APAC and LATAM. Each month, there are over 1 billion viewers across 2.7 billion unique devices consuming video on JW Player’s technology.
The Engineering Team:
JW Player’s Engineering team is responsible for building highly scalable systems that handle thousands of requests per second. Our data applications and pipelines drive monetization for our customers across billions of devices every month. We have a modern tech stack including our own Kubernetes based deployment system.
We're looking for a talented Cyber Security Lead to join our Core Engineering team, to focus on world-class development enablement tooling while being the company leader in application and infrastructure security. This role is highly technical and requires a solid understanding of security principles and how they are applied to an enterprise environment.
As a Cyber Security Lead, you will:
- Review and improve existing AWS/Cloud based DevSecOps processes and tools
- Collaborate with the Ops team to build infrastructure and servers on AWS
- Work closely with product and platform teams to engineer and implement cloud security controls with a focus on DevSecOps
- Implement a tools-driven and highly automated approach to deliver key security management processes by maximizing use of existing toolsets
- Develop procedures to automate security tasks which seamlessly integrate into code builds and deployments
- Collaborate with Sales and Support to respond to customer security inquiries in a timely manner
- Assist and train engineers in the use of cloud security tools and the resolution of security issues
- Lead integrations with security products such as AWS Guard Duty, Macie, Inspector, etc.
- Deploy compliance solutions for large-scale cloud environments using container and microservice technologies
- Develop security and compliance capabilities in support of DevOps processes
- Develop & deploy automated solutions to secure cloud development processes
- Develop and maintain documentation for security systems and procedures
- Stay current on security industry trends
- Be available for occasional after hours support
Requirements of the role:
- 5+ years of security experience
- Solid understanding of AWS core services (VPC, ELB, IAM, KMS, EC2, Config, CloudTrail, etc.) and security services (GuardDuty, Macie, Inspector, etc.)
- Experience with “infrastructure as a service” tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Knowledge of network based, system level, and application layer attacks and mitigation methods
- Experience working with container technology including Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in DevOps environments and maintaining security in CI/CD processes
- Experience with the development, deployment, and automation of security solutions in an enterprise cloud based environment
- Knowledge of AWS automation strategies and tools
- Strong knowledge of technology and security topics including network and application security, infrastructure hardening, security baselines, and industry-standard tools
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate concerns and issues to other teams
- Experience in developing, documenting, and maintaining security procedures
- Scripting/coding ability in Bash, Python, Perl, or similar language
- B.S. in computer related field
- Industry recognized professional certification such as CISSP, GWAP, AWS Solutions Architect
- Contributed to existing open-source projects as well as your own
Perks of being at JW Player, U.S
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success!
As a full time employee, you will qualify for:
- Private Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage for you and your family
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Stock Options Purchase Program
- Quarterly and Annual Team Events - because team building is important!
- Professional Career Program and Career Development Opportunities
- Bi-Annual Hack Weeks for those who are interested in using their coding knowledge
- Fireside chats with individuals in the JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.