Cyber Incident Manager 2 (2022) at Caribou Thunder LLC (Washington DC)
Cyber Incident Manager 2
Location: Arlington, VA
Schedule: Full Time
Caribou Thunder, LLC is a Woman Owned, HUBZone Certified, Native American Owned, SBA and SDB Certified global engineering services company, incorporated in 2006. Caribou Thunder is a Global Service Provider supporting a wide variety of DoD, Space, and Intelligence programs with consistent growth since inception to over 100 associates and $10M in annual sales with solid performance in 35 states across the U.S. and 22 countries around the world.
Caribou Thunder is seeking a Cyber Incident Manager 2 to support onsite incident response to civilian Government agencies and critical asset owners who experience cyber-attacks, providing immediate investigation and resolution.
- Researching and compiling known resolution steps or workarounds to enable mitigation of potential Computer Network Defense incidents within the enterprise.
- Applying knowledge of the tactics, techniques, and procedures of various criminal, insider, hacktivist, and nation state threat actors to identify and validate threats.
- Applying cybersecurity concepts to the detection and defense of intrusions into small, and large-scale IT networks, and conduct cursory analysis of log data.
- Conducting cursory analysis of log data.
- Monitoring external data sources (e.g., Computer Network Defense vendor sites, Computer Emergency Response Teams [CERTs], SANS, Security Focus) to maintain currency of Computer Network Defense threat condition and determine which security issues may have an impact on the enterprise.
- Identifying the cause of an incident and recognizing the key elements to ask external entities when learning the background and potential infection vector of an incident.
- Receiving and analyzing network alerts from various sources within the enterprise and determine possible causes of such alerts.
- Tracking and documenting Computer Network Defense (CND) incidents from initial detection through final resolution.
- Working with other components within the organization to obtain and coordinate information pertaining to ongoing incidents.
- Experience with Splunk REQUIRED
- Experience with:
- Incident response
- Windows event managers/ IDs
- MITRE ATT&CK processes
- Basic understanding of host & network forensics
- Understanding of:
- Log reviews
- Legal requirements
- Attack vectors
- Tactics, techniques, and protocols (TTPs)
- Differentiate between malign & malicious activities
- Intermediary proficiency & understanding of the following applications:
- Mandiant HX
- Network Miner
- Security Onion
- Gigamon or other packet brokers
- Palo Alto
- Various firewalls (F/Ws) & router set-up/admin
- Domain Tools (IRIS)
- AWS Cloud
- Google Cloud
- CCNA (Cyberops, Security)
Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
BS in Incident Management, Operations Management, Cybersecurity, or related degree plus 2-4 years of directly relevant experience in cyber incident management or cybersecurity operations
OR HS Diploma and 4-6 years of incident management experience
ABOUT CARIBOU THUNDER
Caribou Thunder, LLC is an established Defense contractor with nearly 20 years of experience delivering engineering services worldwide. We offer industry leading salaries, flexible work life balance, full range of benefits (career development and mentoring, PTO, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401k match). Caribou Thunder, LLC offers meaningful career opportunities within a true team-based environment, where every employee matters, contributing to a higher goal supporting National Security programs. Caribou Thunder, LLC is committed to hiring and maintaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. United States citizenship is a requirement for all positions.