Customer & Technical Trainer (Remote) at Vonage
Vonage Professional Services Mission
We help customers succeed through the successful delivery of our entire portfolio of solutions. Our customers expect products and services to arrive on time, within budget and in line with technical, operational and functional expectations. Our job is to make sure this happens. We apply customer, business, technical and service understanding to orchestrate a holistic and unified company approach to developing and delivering what our customers need and expect. We integrate Vonage capabilities with customer requirements and work with them to install, configure, educate and train. Their success is our success.
Why this role matters
The Customer & Technical Trainer I is responsible for preparing and delivering end user training for Vonage's state-of-the-art hosted IP PBX VoIP platform, as well as UCaaS/CCaaS/API services, at various customer locations throughout the United States and in international destinations. The trainer develops unique exercises to enhance training sessions and conducts classes with hands-on exercises leveraging an extensive in-person and webinar training experience. Candidate must have a passion for training and be able to relate to their audience. Training sessions will be delivered in person (on-site) and/or via web based (webinar). Regular travel is essential based on the needs of the business and customer location with up to periods of 75-100% travel for several weeks at a time. The Customer & Technical Trainer must be comfortable being the “Face of Vonage.”
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Acts as the Face of Vonage for our largest, most demanding customers and partners
- Delivers approved Vonage training in person as well as webinar (web-based), remote training sessions to our customers
- Learns functionality and administration of Vonage Business Product Suite
- Partners with product, technical, sales, and other subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand and be equipped to train on product features and functionality
- Quickly responds to training requests and coordinates training, logistics, and delivery with managers, subject matter experts, fellow team members, and customer resources.
- Reviews and uses project documentation to provide an unique training experience for each customer
- Obtains feedback from training participants via training surveys to improve delivery methodologies
- Willing to learn and adapt to new telephony, Contact Center, and other cloud-based technologies and quickly incorporate those learnings into training sessions
- Document project management applications to ensure all team members are aware of the status of different training projects
- Designs, develops, and maintains training materials and appropriate training exercises
- Ability to review and understand call routing using Broadsoft platform and make changes as needed for customers
- Provides first-level troubleshooting for customer issues while performing customer training
- Provides first-level escalation point for assigned customer-related issues
- Maintains a safe and healthy training environment by following organization standards
- Remains positive when faced with multiple challenges
What you will bring
- Superior communication and training acumen
- Excellent in-person and remote training skills
- Prior training experience with small to enterprise-sized organizations
- Solid organizational, administrative, time management, and a keen sense of attention to details
- Superior multi-tasking skills and the ability to balance multiple, concurrent projects
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Telecommunications, CCaaS and/or SaaS experience required
- Skilled in and continuously developing understanding of Vonage products and services from a technical, functional, and operational perspective.
- Ability to travel for extensive periods at a time – many with different destinations per week.
- Must be flexible with hours across global time zones
- Strong familiarity with computers and networking technologies including but not limited to Excel, MS Word, general database, and word processing software with a background and hands-on experience with CPE routers, LAN switches.
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate the discipline necessary to work in an environment with little direct supervision.
What is required for application
- 4 year degree or a combination of education and training related experience
- Previous training experience in a professional, corporate environment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 4 year degree in adult education, business, technology are preferred
- 2 or more years delivering training in professional, corporate environments to various levels of business organizations ranging from front-line representatives to C-level officers
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously.
- Experience with VoIP or related PBX systems preferred.
- Experience using PC based project management systems such as MS Project and Visio; high level skills required with other PC tools, such as spreadsheet and database programs a plus.
What is in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.