Customer Support Supervisor at DAT (Portland, OR)
DAT is an award-winning employer of choice and a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 44 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 227 million freight posts in 2021, and a database of $126 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. We have co-headquarters in Portland, OR and Denver, CO, and additional offices in MO, TX, and Bangalore, India. For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company.
DAT is looking for a Customer Support Supervisor to join our award-winning Product Support team in Beaverton, OR.
As a Customer Support Supervisor you will ensure customers receive world class service and support through the day-to-day operations of our carrier monitoring team.
This hands-on, engaged, responsive, and proactive leader will work independently and collaboratively with the leadership team and direct reports. You will make complex decisions based on first-hand knowledge of DAT’s carrier monitoring and carrier onboarding products and services. Your excellent product knowledge, technical skills, organization, and customer retention techniques will ensure customer retention and satisfaction.
This is your opportunity to bring everything you’ve learned about customer satisfaction and people development to a SaaS company that has been at the forefront of freight analytics for over 43 years.
- Demonstrates initiative and takes ownership of customer issues, business process improvements and people development.
- Experience motivating a team for optimal performance and customer satisfaction.
- Team player who is collaborative and effectively communicates across the enterprise.
- Strong analytical skills to resolve a range of diverse and complex technical and business challenges.
What You’ll Do
- Supervise the tactical operations of the carrier monitoring and support teams.
- Work within the team to deliver excellent customer service and training, product support and will ensure the quality of our carrier monitoring application.
- Monitor and prevent fraud by ensuring insurance, authority and safety data is reported accurately on carrier records.
- Place outbound calls to obtain insurance certificates and verify policy information; take inbound calls in response to inquiries and product support; reply to emails from customers.
- Perform user acceptance testing (UAT) on new products in the UAT environment.
- Gather and share customer and team feedback on DAT products, business processes and procedures and escalate appropriately.
- Be responsible for guiding team key performance indicators (KPIs) and monitoring team and individual progress.
- As a supervisor, you’ll track employee attendance, approve time cards, provide monthly 1:1s, and monitor progress on performance.
- Work cross functionally and communicate proactively with other Product Support teams, and other departments at DAT.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of DAT products, business processes, procedures and policies.
Skills and Experience You’ll Bring
- Minimum 2 years of experience directly supervising a team in a call center or customer support organization.
- Strong people management skills, experience managing direct reports within an organizational structure.
- Skilled as a performance manager, with a track record of investing in the career development of staff.
- Experience developing, documenting, sharing and implementing processes and procedures.
- Skilled at identifying and resolving trends in knowledge gaps and system failures.
- Experience using data to coach employees on improving performance.
- Call center experience is a plus.
- Insurance industry experience is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High School diploma, GED, or related work experience.
DAT embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) <#LI - DM1>