Success in this role is a combination of meeting productivity and quality metrics in a fast-paced support environment along with demonstrating a growth mindset, collaborative effort and positive attitude. Once you become comfortable with the role and responsibilities of a Customer Support Specialist then you will start to build upon your skills and experience to become a Product Support Specialist, who are true product experts and independent problem solvers on our team.
We are looking for candidates who are eager to develop their professional and technical experiences and are ready to take their skills, experience and customer support career to the next level. If you are a top performer with excellent people skills, the desire to dive deep into new technology and have a knack for problem-solving, please apply!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- Willing to work an 8.5 hour US business day shift, ranging somewhere between an 8am start and an 8pm Central Time finish
- 1+ years of customer-facing support experience in a fast-paced environment (SaaS Industry experience a plus)
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including chat support experience
- Natural problem solver with a high standard for quality and track record of resourcefulness
- Demonstrates composure, patience and initiative in their learning and development; open and receptive to feedback and coaching as it relates to their development
Within 1 month, you will...
- Complete Sprout Social's new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout Social team members
- Further solidify your training on Support-specific processes and tools along with how your role fits into our team and the organization
- Begin to handle customer interactions via email and guided live chats
- Understand department key success metrics and how to contribute towards those goals
Within 3 months, you will...
- Effectively triage incoming inquiries to appropriate internal teams
- Independently solve customer requests through live chat and email channels
- Contribute to team goals by focusing on CSAT ratings, QC reviews, response and resolution times
- Build a strong understanding of inter-departmental communications in order to properly route tickets and follow up on escalated issues
Within 6 months, you will...
- Identify opportunities for process improvements in your day-to-day work
- Improve internal documentation in order to streamline processes
- Have a solid understanding of the Sprout brand and our Support service voice
- Exhibit growing knowledge of our product, processes and tools
- Serve as a liaison to various teams, providing key updates as needed for customer requests
- Be a resource internally and externally, serving as a resident process expert
Within 12 months, you will...
- Start to build upon your skills and experience to become a Product Support Specialist
- Continue to consistently exceed expectations in productivity and quality measures
- Increase your product knowledge and troubleshooting capabilities
- Begin building areas of professional expertise
Of course, what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team's shared belief in Sprout's mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We're proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment-your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program and employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago's Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. Sprout maintains a remote workforce in many places in the United States. However, we are not set up in all states, so please look at the drop-down box in our application to see whether your state is listed. Few roles require an office setting. If your position requires a physical presence in a Sprout office, it will be evident in the job listing and your offer letter.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2021 DEI Report .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement .
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.