Customer Support Specialist (North Carolina) at PartnerHero (Hampton Roads, VA)
About The Role
We are looking for people who have an eye for details, value creativity, and can provide exceptional support focused on empathy and relationship building. This is not the type of support job where you'll need to work through issues with haste, the type of support our team provides their sellers usually requires more in-depth conversation and problem-solving. In this role, you will provide support directly to Our Partner Sellers by phone but also written support. This team is all about working with creative entrepreneurs to help them be successful in running their own store.
- Providing excellent, friendly, and positive customer service via phone, chat, and email
- Helping customers solve problems with strong troubleshooting, reading comprehension, and problem-solving skills
- Meeting or exceeding service level expectations consistently
- Analyzing recurring customer issues and creating insight reports to help our partners make their businesses better
- Recommending preemptive support measures for the future
- Staying current with product/platform changes and being able to educate customers on such changes
- Supporting the team by executing on initiatives and collaborating on projects
- Taking initiative and identifying areas of opportunity that you can contribute to help the team as it grows
What you bring to the table…
- Full-time availability
- 1+ years of customer service experience: preferably supporting customers via phone, email, and chat
- Passion for creating exceptional customer experiences and an ability to use challenging situations as an opportunity to exceed customer expectations
- Value PartnerHero Values: Be Humble, Take Ownership, Embrace Growth, Manifest Trust, and Care for Others
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and evolving environment - must be adaptable and comfortable with a constant and changing environment
- Metrics-driven and proven ability to handle a high volume of customer interactions
- Strong conflict resolution skills and even temperament in challenging situations
- Polished written and verbal communication
- Ability to properly understand and convey tone via written communications
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Impeccable judgment - the ability to make fact-based decisions that support desired outcomes, particularly in ambiguous situations
- Loads of empathy - genuine care!
- Proactive attitude and ability to work with limited supervision
- Value the importance of diversity. We are building a diverse team spread across the world. Every candidate should be excited about working with a diverse variety of colleagues
- Start-up or e-commerce experience preferred
What We Provide
- Equipment needed to be successful in your role
- Preferred locations: Anywhere in Virginia
- Full time with the potential for overtime if requested by the partner
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Attractive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision options depending on location
- Paid sabbatical leave
- Access to free posture-based fitness workouts from home
- Training opportunities provided by PartnerHero and outside entities
- 1-on-1 coaching with feedback sessions, mentorship, and opportunities for cross-functional development
PartnerHero is a mission-driven company with a passion for helping good businesses succeed. We build teams that help companies scale in every facet of their business—from customer support to Software QA, content moderation, design, engineering, and more. We work with over 75+ tech-forward companies including Etsy, Udemy, Good Eggs, Grindr, and Bentobox. PartnerHero not only offers fair compensation and benefits, but a culture that values inclusion, belonging, and opportunities for professional growth.
How We’re Different
Historically, the outsourcing industry has valued profit over people and compensated for high turnover by underpaying employees. We want to change that. PartnerHero not only offers fair compensation and benefits but values inclusion, belonging, and opportunity.
Read more about our Core Values and story here.