Role: Customer Support Representative
Location: Austin, TX
About This Role
Hippo exists to protect the joy of homeownership. We do this by delivering intuitive and proactive protection for homeowners, combining the power of technology with a human touch. We’re seeking compassionate support professionals who are willing to think outside the box and add a whole new approach to taking care of our valued customers. This position will work hand-in-hand with our Sales and Underwriting teams to create an amazing customer experience.
- You love helping and advocating for people
- You pride yourself in your ability to provide white-glove service to your customers
- You are a problem solver and proactive in finding solutions
- Highly collaborative and enjoy working with others
- You like owning the customer experience from beginning to end
- Provide an unparalleled customer support experience via phone, chat, and email
- You’ll spend your day dedicated to exceeding the expectations and requirements of our customers
- Process customer service requests quickly and thoroughly
- Treat our customer with the Platinum Rule, “Treat others how they want to be treated”
- Collaborate with our customer on topics such as , billing, contact information, payment request and policy level adjustments.
- 2+ years experience in a customer-facing role or contact center environment
- Prior experience in insurance (or a Property and Casualty License) is nice to have BUT not required—we will provide training
- Proficient in productivity software (Outlook, Word, Zoom), experience with Salesforce a plus!
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced and dynamic
What You’ll Get From Us
- Competitive Pay - Money isn’t everything, but it helps! Our support positions start at a competitive $21.64/hr
- Training and Career Growth - Paid training opportunities and limitless internal career growth
- Healthy Hippos Benefits - 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly).
- Award-Winning Culture - Recognized by BuiltIn and Inc. Magazine as a top place to work - we value integrity, inclusiveness, empathy, and being proactive and dedicated
- Flexible Time Off - You know when and how you should recharge
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.