Customer Support Representative I at Checkr (Orlando, FL)
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As a Customer Support Representative at Checkr, you will be the first line of communication and support for Checkr customers and partners. As their first point of contact, it is your responsibility to provide impeccable, empathetic customer service in a fast-paced, regulated industry.
- Become a product expert in Checkr and a savant of productivity
- Takes ownership of daily task and responsibilities
- Help customers with questions and educate Checkr clients about the product and process best practices via email, phone, chat and other channels in a timely, professional, empathic manner
- Escalate complex issues to appropriate internal and external parties
- Provide feedback about how we can, as a team and company, provide an industry leading customer experience
- Serve as the single point of resolution for our customers
What You Bring:
- Prior B2B customer support experience
- Genuine passion for making customers feel happy and understood
- Excellent written and communication skills
- High proficiency in iOS operating systems and high proficiency working with computers in general.
- Proficiency in tools such as ZenDesk, Asana, Slack, Salesforce, and other SaaS platforms
- Ability to show empathy and compassion especially in sensitive and escalated situations
- Ability to proactively solve and anticipate client needs to ensure cases are resolved completely and quickly
- Previous customer support experience a plus
- Ability to work remotely efficiently and responsibly without distraction
- At least six months working in a business office environment preferred
- Open to learning and practicing new processes, freely communicating ideas, and committed to the best end result
- Ability to learn on your own and proactively seek answers and solutions to new problems
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.