Customer Support Manager at Homebase (Houston, TX)
Would you like to help small businesses become more successful while building high-performance teams? Homebase is looking for an awesome front-line manager to join our growing Customer Support team in friendly Houston. In this role, you’ll help develop Customer Support Representatives into strong small business consultants delivering results for both our customers and the company.
You have experience selecting, training, and managing a high-performing team. You love increasing efficiencies as much as you love delivering world-class customer support. You are:
- An effective communicator, especially demonstrating a model phone presence and exemplary writing in email and team documentation.
- Passionate about customers and their experiences. You feel their pain and celebrate their joy.
- Self-driven and results-oriented. Comfortable challenging norms and making mistakes.
- Experience in the retail or restaurant industry is a big plus
- Create a productive, high-energy, and achievement oriented team environment
- Continuously reinforce our core values and purpose with members of your team
- Define outcomes with clarity so everyone understands the definition of success and expectations for the role
- Focus on the unique talents and strengths to drive personal development and growth for each of your team members
- Provide accurate and timely feedback and validation on a regular basis for key performance measures and progress/attainment toward defined outcomes
- Embrace the uniqueness of each team member and leverage their ingenuity to best solve for the customer and company
- Objectively and constructively review phone calls with team members with the purpose of continuous improvement in both interpersonal skills and customer engagement
- Celebrate often and loudly when outcomes and milestones are achieved by individual or team
- Sets examples through leadership in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and communication skills, and work ethic
- Perform business and team member reviews on a bi-weekly basis with all employees individually to build more effective communications, bring focus to alignment of activity and outcomes, understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of individual performance
- Lead team huddles to promote team participation, flow of communication and recognition from previous day outcomes including customer or employee stories
- Be visible and available for all team members on the floor, always and without exception
- Demonstrate complete ownership of escalated customer interactions, with the fundamental philosophy of doing the right thing for each one
- Be the voice of the your team to other departments and leadership – escalate issues that impact our customers or inhibit our employee’s ability to succeed
- Oversee action and performance plans for individuals on your team. Hold people accountable and be their biggest supporter
- 5+ years of experience managing a customer support or customer success team
- Strong willingness to learn and teach
- Ability to identify, coach and measure critical core competencies and essential performance metrics for consultants
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Balance of emotional intelligence and a competitive spirit
- Determination to help others succeed
- Courage to do the right thing and hold others accountable to our shared values
- Strong communication skills to articulate company vision, product changes and adapting to new sales, service and marketing strategies
- Ability to develop team members in to high performing individuals that truly understand and embrace the difference they make
- Demonstrated ability to promote exceptional customer rapport
- Four year college degree or equivalent experience is required
Homebase Team Attributes: If you resonate with these traits, you may be a Homie!
- Gets shit done - Moves quickly and with urgency to deliver results. Strong bias to action.
- Strong work ethic - Willing to work hard and put in the time to accomplish outsized goals.
- Learning mindset - Proactive in personal development. Highly curious and driven to learn.
- Sets a high bar - Expects personal and team performances to be world-class.
- Humble - Delivers exceptional results without an ego. Shares credit broadly.
- Team Player - Collaborative. Motivates and creates positive environments for colleagues and teams.
What We Offer
- Stock Options - everyone is an owner
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- 401(k) program +4% company match
- Top-of-the-line equipment and home office $$
- Annual Holidays and Accrued PTO
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team
- Fun company activities
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.