Customer Success Operations Manager at Abnormal Security (Remote)
Sales Operations is an integral function that drives Abnormal’s continued growth, and the Customer Success Operations Manager is a strategic role in partnership with our Customer Success Organization. This role will help us to define our operational processes that drive our most important value - #CustomerObsession - and create the rigor needed to ensure that every Abnormal customer is wildly successful, setting the stage for a long and healthy relationship.
In this role, you will create the processes, systems, and analytics necessary to manage, report and notify on important issues to increase our Customer Health, and subsequently help to drive Net Dollar Retention (NDR). You will also partner with our customer renewals team to create the process and rigor to accurately forecast customer renewal and license expansion opportunities.
Who you are:
- You are Customer Obsessed.
- You love the challenge of ensuring our internal teams have the right tools, visibility, systems and processes to make our customers wildly successful.
- You want to build from the ground up, and are excited to be the first Customer Success focused role in our broader Sales Ops organization.
- You can juggle multiple priorities and are excited to work in an environment where change is constant.
- You have the ability to think big, creating systems, processes and tools that will help us build for Global Scale.
- You are highly analytical. You can see the big picture, identify and communicate trends, opportunities and gaps. You can also zoom-in to provide tactical recommendations in-response to your observations.
- You love being part of a team. You are dedicated to the mission, but like to have fun along the way.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain renewals operations program
- Create and maintain renewal dashboard visualization to enable recurring performance stand ups.
- Manage and validate the annual and quarterly renewal pool. Implement checks and balances to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Implement and enforce renewals best practices to increase visibility to renewable revenue vs. up-sell/cross-sell.
- Evaluate the current approach, and support the rollout of new processes, programs, and tools to improve the Customer Success Renewal Team’s effectiveness. Uncover areas for improvement, define business requirements, and implement standardization of practices and solutions.
- Support renewal and Net Dollar Retention (NDR) Forecasting
- Support forecasting at multiple levels and cuts including: aggregate, segment (regional and GTM segment), renewal manager (RM) and Account Executive (AE) for Current to 2 Quarters Out
- Drive forecast accuracy with rolling conservative, gut, and best case estimates
- Perform Customer Health and Renewal Risk Analysis
- Help define leading indicators of customer health, operationalize early warning systems, and perform customer risk analyses to prioritize remediation
- Priority risk renewals based on health, proximity, ARR, etc.
- Define early indicators of renewal risk based on data; track and partner with Customer Success to drive the appropriate Calls to Action across the GTM organization
- Identify and communicate early, multi-year, cross-sell / expansion renewal drivers to reduce risk / increase $
- Track and Complete Adoption / Overage Analysis
- Capture and communicate overage data to capitalize on required upsells
- Measure product adoption measures that define stickiness / expansion potential
- Identify changes in usage patterns as prompts to proactively engage (save or sell)
- Track and communicate gross Churn, Negative Expansion, Net Dollar Retention
- Performance vs. targets - aggregate, region/segment, lead, rep
- Support CS Leadership with planning efforts, including quarterly goal setting and headcount organization, to support customer retention and growth efforts
- Using SFDC Admin and SaaS app development skills (e.g., APEX), help evaluate and then execute workflow efficiency / automation projects for touchpoints across the post sales customer journey: Deployment, Customer Success, Renewal Management, Support.
Experience you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited University or College is preferred
- 5+ years business experience, with a preference of 2-3 years of experience at a pre-IPO SaaS company, and 2+ years of experience working in a CS Operations or CS aligned role specifically.
- Strong understanding of, and experience working with customer success organizations and processes
- Expertise with Salesforce Suite (CRM, Customer 360, Service Cloud, Communities); SFDC Admin and APEX development experience to perform workflow automation is preferred but not required.
- Proficiency with Excel (Google Sheets) for advanced data analysis. ersed in using Customer Success / product adoption systems and visualization tools (e.g., UserIQ, TaskRay, People.ai, Gainsight, ToTango, Tableau, etc.)
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, with a desire to learn
- Proactive mindset, willing to see something that needs to be done and provide suggested solutions to get it done
- Enjoys working with numbers, and taking an analytical approach to solving problems
- Strong verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- A commitment to using good judgment
- Good work ethic and experience working as part of a team
More About Abnormal Security:
Abnormal Security is defining the next generation of email security defense. Our platform uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to baseline communication content, user identity, and behavioral signals in real-time and at-scale in order to detect the abnormalities of email attacks. Customers love us because we consistently detect and stop what everyone else in the market can’t -- advanced attacks that have never been seen before -- and we do so with beautiful user interfaces and best-in-industry customer support.
Our veteran team has built some of the most enduring machine learning platforms at leading companies including Google, Twitter, Pinterest, Amazon, Microsoft, and Expanse. We are located in San Francisco,CA, New York, NY and Lehi, UT.
Our company is growing - we’re on the Forbes AI 50, selected as a Gartner 2020 Cool Vendor, and our customer base includes multiple Fortune 500 companies.
Abnormal Security is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.