Customer Service Manager at Square (Remote)
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We are seeking an individual to lead members of Square's Customer Success team. You will not only lead a team of passionate Advocates, but you will also build outstanding operations - optimizing all Success channels including email, messaging, and phone - all while strengthening team culture, driving customer happiness, and promoting employee success. You will be a liaison working with product, engineering, business development, marketing, and finance to improve Square's most important strategic priorities. You will track Key Performance Indicators weekly.
- Coach and mentor team members with a focus on professional development and upstream thinking
- Drive improvements in customer satisfaction across channels
- Develop metrics to measure the growth and performance of the team, and provide reports as needed
- Treat Success as a product at Square, brainstorming and iterating on the customer experience
- Develop and lead end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery of essential Success programs
- Gather and summarize relevant data, suggesting improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team
- Scale the Success team by capitalizing on opportunities for increased efficiency, driving productivity programs
- 6+ years of work experience with 3+ years of direct people management experience preferred
- Managed a team of 7+ individuals in a high volume environment
- Past product and project management experience
- Experience building and scaling Customer Success operations, in a fast-paced startup or tech environment
- Experience upselling and cross selling
- The ability to effectively influence and communicate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- A passion for Square and ensuring an outstanding customer experience
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.