Customer Experience Specialist at Calm
Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
The Customer Experience Team’s mission is to empower Calm's community to lead happier, healthier lives through extending the Calm experience beyond the product. For our customers, we provide resources both proactively and reactively, while also advocating on their behalf to the wider company. For ourselves, we foster a nurturing and growth-minded environment, allowing us to reflect kindness and care back out into the world.
What You’ll Do:
Calm’s Customer Experience Department is looking for a CX Specialist to help our D2C members engage with our products through providing exceptional customer support, as well as contribute to documentation and process improvement projects. You’ll work closely with CX leadership to represent the voice of the customer and facilitate visibility between CX and our cross-functional partners, including Consumer Product and Marketing teams.
- Ensure each user’s support experience is of the highest possible quality through providing personalized, efficient, and empathetic replies
- Confidently answer escalated customer inquiries or route them to the agent best equipped to respond
- Be an expert of Calm's operating platforms, features, and available documentation
- Identify patterns in bug reports and feature requests and escalate appropriately
- Own the tickets and tasks assigned to you, and thoughtfully prioritize them based on the evolving needs of the team
- Write internal and external knowledge base articles as well as canned responses to common inquiries both proactively and as assigned
- Assist with support agent on-boarding, training, and quality assurance
- Suggest guidelines and offer new best practice ideas for the support team
Who You Are:
The ideal Customer Experience Specialist for Calm loves making a difference through their work, brings a passion for meditation and mindfulness, and is always looking for ways to improve the user experience. They have previous experience providing customer support for a tech company and enjoy helping users of varying levels of tech-savviness engage with technology. They are someone who…
- Has exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a solutions oriented approach
- Is able to turn a negative into a positive through effort and consideration
- Works autonomously and takes responsibility for completing assigned work
- Volunteers for tasks rather than waiting for them to be assigned
- Cares about not just making sure the work is done, but that it’s done well; always seeking ways to do things better through asking for advice and feedback
- Willing to work on-call one weekend per month in order to assist our weekend agents and to respond to production issues
- Experience supporting a subscription-based service with in-app purchases
- 1-year working with Zendesk or a similar ticketing platform
- Other helpful tech: JIRA, Confluence, Asana, Stripe, Braintree and basic SQL queries a plus
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.