Customer Experience Representative at Carvana
Customer Service Representative, Resolution Team
LOOK NO FURTHER! If you are passionate about helping people we have the job for you.
Carvana Customer Service Representatives will receive a competitive wage of $18.00/hour and a comprehensive benefits package listed below :
- 401K with company match
- Vacation accrual and a paid day off for your birthday
- A multitude of perks including student loan payment program, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy, both physically and mentally
- Access to growth and development opportunities to expand your skillset and CAREER!
- A seat at one of the fastest-growing companies in the country, disrupting a trillion-dollar industry
Interviewing via video (Zoom)
**Must live or be relocating within the Phoenix, Arizona metropolitan area**
Carvana - Tempe, 300 E Rio Salado Pkwy, Bldg 1, Tempe, Arizona, 85281, US
Interview dress code:
Casual (come as you are, but please be presentable)
About the team and position
As a Customer Service Representative you will report to a Customer Service Lead. You will be responsible for educating customers on who we are, what we do, and why Carvana is a better way to buy a car. You'll spend the majority of your day on the phone assisting customers at various stages of their car-buying journey. A Customer Service Representative is the customer's biggest champion and makes car-buying simple and seamless.
What you'll be doing as a Customer Service Representative
- Be the voice of Carvana. You will interact with customers on the phone, receiving inbound calls, and also making outbound calls.
- Building relationships with our customers and advocating for them throughout the purchasing process.
- Asking questions, understanding the customers' needs and priorities, and problem-solving.
- Be a champion for the customer, trouble-shooting issues, providing clarity and empathetic resolution.
- Be high energy and forward-thinking. We like fast learners that take ownership in their role!
- Anticipating issues, leaning into problems, and resolving them quickly.
- Multitasking and prioritizing with the swiftness of a ninja.
- Embracing new challenges every day. Being adaptable and flexible is critical!
- You will not leave your personality at home. We thrive by building a team with unique perspectives. Our strength is in our diversity of opinions.
- Zagging forward by identifying how we can improve and streamline our customer support processes.
What you need to be successful as a Customer Service Representative.
- Ability to navigate Windows-based and web browser applications
- Computer and equipment will be provided
- You will encounter a variety of conversations. We will provide progressive training programs to ensure that you are comfortable with each type.
- Helping resolve customer account issues; title and registration, repairs needed after vehicle delivery, and financing inquiries
- Partner with internal teams such as the Resolution department, Titles/Registration, Financial Operations, and other key Carvana departments.
What we require
- HS Diploma/GED equivalent required
- Strong learning agility; the ability and willingness to learn new things and then apply that learning to perform successfully in the role
- Have a sense of humor. Kind of serious about this one…
- Display critical thinking and ability to make appropriate judgment calls where needed
- Have a passion for the work we do and the impact we are making within our industry
- Have a heightened attention to detail, being able to anticipate the customer's needs
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- You are tech-savvy. You can navigate multiple systems, learn new tools, and effectively troubleshoot
Would be nice to have
- Bachelor's Degree and 1+ year of customer service experience preferred
- Previous retail, restaurant, or hospitality experience preferred
Carvana is fast-paced, dynamic, and ever-changing. This is a full-time, hourly position. Our work hours will flex up during busy months (Tax Season/Black Friday) and flex down certain times of year due to seasonality. There will be opportunities for overtime as demand goes up. Depending on volume, mandatory overtime may be required during certain times of the year. Zagging Forward is our jam and we ask a lot from our team when it comes to flexibility!
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.