Customer Experience Lead at Calm
Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
The Customer Experience Team’s mission is to empower Calm's community to lead happier, healthier lives through extending the Calm experience beyond the product. For our customers, we provide resources both proactively and reactively, while also advocating on their behalf to the wider company. For ourselves, we foster a nurturing and growth-minded environment, allowing us to reflect kindness and care back out into the world.
What You’ll Do:
Calm’s Customer Experience Department is looking for a CX Lead who loves making a difference through their work and seeking out ways to improve the user experience. Our Lead is tasked with mentoring individual Agents and Specialists through helping our D2C members engage with our products, as well as managing documentation and process improvement projects. You’ll work closely with CX leadership to represent the voice of the customer and facilitate visibility between CX and our cross-functional partners, including Consumer Product and Marketing teams.
- Coach and train CX team Agents and Specialists and manage our quality assurance program
- Creatively resolve sensitive and complex support requests efficiently while maintaining quality and empathy
- Collect and use support request data to keep cross-functional partners abreast of customer insights
- Be an expert in Calm’s products and operating platforms. Document and communicate upcoming changes to the CX team
- Identify indicators of emerging customer and team pain points and propose solutions to help resolve
- Implement and document new guidelines and best practices across the CX team in partnership with management
- Maintain internal and external knowledge bases
- Facilitate visibility and communication between agents and management
- Be willing to work on-call some weekends in order to assist our weekend agents and to respond to production issues
Who You Are:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in customer service roles using ticketing software with 1 year owning projects and facilitating team operations beyond answering tickets
- You’re a leader - someone who inspires, motivates and coaches the team
- Autonomous worker who takes responsibility for prioritizing and completing projects
- Proactively offers feedback to managers and advocates for process improvements
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a solutions-oriented approach
- Enthusiastic about highly organized, user-friendly, and detail-oriented documentation
- Growth mindset: cares about not just making sure the work is done, but that it’s done well; always seeking ways to do things better through asking for advice and feedback
- Flexible and able to switch between tasks/projects when new needs arise
- Emotionally aware and inspires the team to live up to our mission and values
- A passion for wellness, meditation, and mindfulness
- Experience supporting a mobile app and/or subscription-based product
- Familiarity with the tools we currently use: Zendesk, Stripe, Braintree, Atlassian Suite, Asana, Amplitude, and basic SQL queries
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.