Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive for prospective patients. That’s why Headway is building the first software-enabled network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it easy for therapists to grow their practices, and possible for patients to find quality care they can afford.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering >50,000 appointments. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact.
We are looking for a top-notch problem-solver and communication whiz to guide our providers and patients through their experience on Headway.
The CX Team’s mission is to deliver on the Headway promise to our providers, and in this role, you will ensure this mission through one-on-one interactions with our providers and patients. By working with our customers through email, live chat and phone you will guide them through any challenges, resolve their operational and technical issues, making Headway feel like magic. Guided by our principle of Handmade, Process-made, Product-made, you will consistently identify any trends and patterns in our providers' and patients' experience, and advocate for process and product changes to remove any friction and create a delightful Headway experience.
Being results- and impact-driven, you thrive on helping providers/patients through any challenges they have on Headway. You enjoy delighting customers with every interaction, and solving any issues they have on Headway in a clear, friendly and effective way. Guided by our principle of making Headway feel like magic, you never miss a chance to elevate our customers' experience and work with your team to bring new and improved solutions to life. Being in healthcare tech, you thrive in a high-paced tech environment and have strong interest or prior experience in healthcare.
- Deliver on the Headway promise. Driven by our mission and your love of problem-solving, you will effectively and empathetically help our providers and patients through any issues they encounter along their Headway user journey.
- Resolve inquiries for our Providers and Patients. Solve ~40 provider / patient inquiries via email, live chat and phone daily, Mon-Fri 9-6 ET, consulting available resources and your team.
- Continuously learn and upskill. Being committed to ongoing growth and development, you will use available resources to continuously stay up-to-speed on Headway’s evolving product and service, and insurance practices.
- Advocate for our providers and patients: You will proactively surface frictions in customer experience, and propose process and product iterations, in the service of Headway’s mission
You will love this job if...
- Communication is your superpower. You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills; you’re succinct, clear, friendly, empathetic, and always solution-oriented.
- You tackle challenging conversations head-on. You navigate sensitive and high-pressure client-facing situations and de-escalations with calm, poise and optimism.
- You have good judgment and discretion. You lead with integrity;; you make thoughtful decisions with positive intent.
- You thrive with tactical goals. You’re competitive and seek to always meet and exceed targets while upholding the highest quality of your work.
- You’re a passionate problem-solver. You enjoy a challenging scenario and you always seek to get to the root cause, and find elegant solutions for customers.
This is a full-time position open to candidates across all US geographic locations who are able to work 40 hours a week Monday to Friday.
Candidates must have a quiet, private work space equipped with high-speed internet to fulfill shifts.
The starting salary for candidates based in NYC & SF/Bay Area is $67,500. For other geographical locations, we adjust compensation up to 20% less for cost of living based on region.
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and experience.