Customer Experience Associate (2pm-11pm CST Shift) at The Farmer's Dog (Washington DC)
The Farmer’s Dog was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care. We’re starting by radically improving the $90 billion pet food industry, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed mystery pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered over 200 million meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#LongLiveDogsWhere You'll Come In
Are you a dog person who has always thought that there was a better way to deliver service - simply, easily and with love - just like our food. Do you have a desire to engage in meaningful conversations while helping our customers improve the quality of their dog’s lives? Are you passionate about the idea of disrupting the pet food industry and providing healthy human grade food for dogs?
Our Customer Experience Department (CX) is looking for people who will be the eyes and ears of our service organization. We need people who can consistently deliver a positive, world class customer experience via phone, web chat or email. Our goal is to resolve customer queries with fast, friendly, and courteous service.
Service can include responding to inquiries regarding billing, delivery status, account information, updating payments methods, nutritional information and general questions about subscriptions.
This is a full-time remote role for the 2pm-11pm CST shift. In addition, some holiday work will be required.
We are looking for candidates in the following markets: Nevada, Arizona, California, Washington, Tennessee, Florida, and New York.
Remote-only candidates must have the ability to work from home, in a space free from distractions and with the ability to have confidential conversations.How You'll Make An Impact
- Deliver exceptional customer service through inbound phone, email, and chat contacts.
- Resolve customer issues with a high degree of empathy while building value in our products
- Respond to customers in a timely manner with thorough and accurate information
- Document customer interactions in our contact management system and CRM so that we understand how to improve the customer experience
- Work independently with customers but also able to share information about these conversations with your colleagues, e.g. People Leads/Managers and Cross-Functional Leads
- You provide service with a human touch with each and every customer you help.
- You are resilient. You’ve developed skills that allow you to overcome the daily challenges of a CX role.
- You’re flexible and comfortable balancing multiple priorities when needed.
- You are proud of your ability to de-escalate unhappy customers and turn them into advocates.
- You pride yourself on your outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills.
- You thrive on going above and beyond for people and treating each customer conversation as unique.
- You operate with ownership, are a self-starter, and have a strong attention to detail.
- You keep a positive attitude as you learn, grow, and develop in a new environment.
- You are uniquely YOU! We've found that dog lovers with a variety of backgrounds and interests can excel. Whether you’re starting your career or looking for a career change, we encourage you to apply!
- Market-competitive hourly compensation and equity packages
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
- 4 weeks of paid comprehensive training
- Equipment provided for all new hires (laptop, headset etc)