Customer Escalations Manager at Brilliant Earth
Customer Escalations Manager – Brilliant Earth, Dallas
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Refinery29, and Forbes, among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect, and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings, and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
About the role:
Our Customer Resolutions team is dedicated to providing an exceptional experience for every Brilliant Earth customer. The Customer Escalations Manager will be responsible for finding solutions for customers who are requesting additional assistance beyond the scope of our Customer Experience, Sales team. You will act as both a customer and Brilliant Earth brand advocate, working to craft creative solutions to ensure every client receives a luxury experience, above and beyond their expectations. As a leader of this team, you will work cross-functionally with our Customer Experience and Operations teams in order to achieve solutions for escalated customer inquiries. You will share your learnings from customer interactions with cross functional partners, including senior leaders across the organization, for continuous improvement of our customer experience and operational processes.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team that creates memorable, personalized and solution-oriented experiences for Brilliant Earth customers by providing support and responding to escalated customer emails, with a focus on exceptional luxury experiences.
- Actively respond to, and support the team in responding to, customers who have requested to escalate an issue or speak with a manager, via email and phone communication channels.
- Empower the team to creatively resolve problems, working collaboratively with cross-functional departments.
- Recruit and manage Resolutions team members in a fast-paced environment, ensuring that the team is meeting a high standard of personalized customer service.
- Analyze and report on team performance metrics, in partnership with Service Operations Analysts.
- Create and maintain a team schedule to provide coverage for all necessary duties.
- Utilize sales and customer service strategies, and forward-thinking problem-solving techniques to assist and guide customers toward appropriate solutions.
- Proactively manage review sites, including working to uphold strong ratings on public review sites, such as Yelp.
- Mentor and coach resolutions team members to achieve goals through regular 1:1s and consistent measurement of team KPIs.
- Coach Resolutions associates through escalated customer situations, to ensure that the team is using appropriate strategies to solve customer issues.
- Contribute to FAQs and scripts for internal trainings and documentation, in order to streamline solutions to commonly occurring issues.
- Formulate and implement changes to polices, processes, and customer communication in an effort to improve the customer experience, acting as a customer advocate with cross-functional partners.
- Maintain demonstrated responsibility and accountability for meeting team and company goals in a metrics focused environment.
You’re a great addition if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing customer facing support organizations with a focus on executive escalations and direct customer resolution in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Experience optimizing processes for efficiency and accuracy, using CRM or ERP system automation.
- Quantitative mindset, with an ability to analyze and report on team metrics and data.
- Proven track record of recruiting and maintaining high-performing teams.
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes.
- Motivated self-starter with high efficiency workstyle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment.
- Understanding and acceptance of diversity, equity, inclusion and workplace belonging concepts.
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations or products.
- A focus on data-driven solutions and working cross-functionally toward continuous improvement.
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive, robust benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan with matching contribution, and commuter benefits. We offer paid parental leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products. Employees of Brilliant Earth have access to an Employee Assistance Program which includes mental health counseling, and can participate in regular wellness events led by the culture team.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.