TrueAccord is a category-defining company. We combine machine learning with a human-based approach to transform debt resolution and to get people on the path towards financial health. Every year, more than 70 million Americans have negative experiences dealing with debt. We are changing this by providing personalized digital experiences that guide lenders and consumers through this challenging financial process.
With a world-class leadership team, passionate team members, and proprietary predictive models trained on years worth of transactional data, TrueAccord is well-positioned to deliver on a huge opportunity: helping millions of consumers to regain and keep their financial footing while lowering the cost of doing business for creditors across many industries.
We are looking for a highly motivated Customer Engagement Unit Manager to join our growing FinTech startup. Our Customer Engagement Team plays a key role in the success of the business, ensuring that our customers receive the best possible experience in accordance with our mission. Candidates for this position must demonstrate a passion for creating an outstanding customer and employee experience. You will be responsible for managing a team of Customer Engagement Specialists, delivering strong performance, and ensuring high-quality standards are met while maximizing employee engagement and morale. In addition, this role will work closely with all TrueAccord teams to improve our platform by providing valuable feedback on product performance.
- Supervise, train and manage staff of 15 collections specialists:
- Meet weekly with direct reports for performance metrics review and professional development
- Provide timely feedback and hold the team accountable to the highest standards
- Facilitate regularly scheduled staff meetings
- Perform semi-annual staff reviews; establish individual goals for development
- Motivate employees to reach departmental goals and objectives while driving high engagement
- Facilitate ongoing performance management
- Train and assist staff to handle work volume and issues, in accordance with the company’s policies, procedures, and compliance guidelines
- Support the daily operations of the Customer Engagement team, managing “real-time” work volumes and providing service to customers, clients, and staff
- Identify trends and escalate issues to the Customer Engagement team’s management in a timely manner to enhance customer experience, improve policies and procedures and minimize risk
- Participate in daily scheduling for call / email / web chat volumes and adherence to the company’s service level agreements (SLA)
- Identify, recommend and support the implementation of programs for the improvement of call center processes
- Respond to real-time customer issues / incidents / escalated calls and emails
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 4+ years of collections experience with 2+ years in Call Center management preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and critical thinking
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to change
- Exceptional leadership skills with a proven track record of results in coaching, mentoring, and developing call center agents to meet and exceed established goals
- Ability to support and maintain a team environment where collaboration and the knowledge transfer process are critical for success
- Ability to lead a team with a strong commitment to a positive, constructive, and progressive work environment aligned with TrueAccord’s core values
- Proficient computer skills
The TrueAccord Culture
TrueAccord is a distributed company with a major presence in the San Francisco Bay Area and Lenexa, KS. We offer a healthy work environment that continuously builds an inclusive and diverse culture where everyone is able to develop the best version of themselves. We are a dynamic group of people who are subject matter experts with a passion for change.
Our teams are crafting solutions to big problems every day. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do impactful work, join TrueAccord and make a difference.
Our Dedication to Diversity & Inclusion
TrueAccord is an equal opportunity employer. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse & inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this makes us stronger every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description