Customer Due Diligence Specialist at NorthOne (Remote)
We’re the banking app that believes in small businesses.
Our company is looking for high performing builders to join our growing team as we enter our next phase of expansion 🚀. We are a San Francisco, New York, Portland, Toronto and remote-friendly based, venture-backed startup at the heart of the FinTech movement that is shaping the way financial services are delivered. We are backed by some of the best VCs in the world (Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures and more) and are growing fast.
We eliminate the pain that small business owners face through financial management and banking. Poor financial literacy has an outsized impact on the costs and failure rates amongst small businesses, and we are on a mission to solve these problems. We’ve created a mobile, tech-powered account built specifically for startups, freelancers, and small/medium-sized businesses (SMBs) that acts as a world-class Finance Department that most small businesses could never afford. Small businesses are the bedrock of every community and the economy, and you’ll be their champion. Ready to start?
We ❤ compliance. As a Customer Due Diligence Specialist, you’ll support our KYC and Customer teams by conducting reviews to keep our customers safe, as well as helping us scale and iterate as we evolve our product offerings and internal processes. Reporting to our KYC Lead, you’ll also benefit from our incredible advisors and experienced management team, who have helped create and scale companies like Square, McKinsey, Google, Frank and Oak, Strava, Instacart, Prodigy, Oportun, eBay and more.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Conducting time-sensitive reviews such as enhanced due diligence reviews, customer refresh reviews, and others.
- Being the point of contact for our banking partners and other external compliance partners by answering all inquiries relating to NorthOne customers.
- Managing risk by using your knowledge to identify and highlight emerging areas of concern.
- Owning your workflow process and bringing forth your ideas - we’re always looking to make things better, and we’re scaling fast!
- Helping out stepping outside your role when called upon (for example, you could be cross training on other customer reviews).
Today you might be a Compliance Coordinator, EDD Specialist, KYC Analyst, or the equivalent in your company… or something that we haven’t heard of yet - we keep an open mind. The most important characteristic of our Customer Due Diligence Specialist is your attitude. We want you to join because you don't see roadblocks, you see opportunities to be at your best. You know that with a growth mindset and great teamwork, you can figure anything out.
The skills required for this role -
- You have experience in transaction reviews and card activity analysis.
- You understand fraud risk typologies associated with neo-banks like NorthOne.
- You have a keen attention to detail, and like digging into the weeds to find the source of a problem.
- You have strong customer interaction skills and enjoy talking with customers to verify transactions.
- You are intellectually curious, and enjoy looking for patterns and anomalies amongst data 🔍
- You are enthusiastic and proactive when it comes to program and process improvements.
- You’re passionate about building world-class products with a world-class team.
- You have the flexibility to work a variety of shifts, as needed.
Bonus points -
- You know your way around a Compliance review (KYC, KYB, Transaction Monitoring)
- You have experience reviewing identity, beneficial ownership and business documentation.
- You’ve supported a product roadmap by working with product owners to identify and implement product control.
- You’ve worked in a scaling startup (you are a fighter!)
Our mission is big and audacious, but we're assembling a team to take the challenge head on.
As a Customer Due Diligence Specialist, you'll be joining a team that prioritizes:
- People: Our company is more than just a business. We’re a tight-knit team supporting each other on our mission to rebuild business banking. We’re really serious about mission, fit, and the people we work with. You’ll be part of a rapidly scaling team that reflects these values and keeps this place special.
- Diversity: You'll find yourself in an environment that values diversity and inclusivity. We believe that a broad array of lived experiences and backgrounds are essential for creating the best possible product and company culture.
- Learning and Development: We have a learning culture and provide opportunities for our employees to invest in their professional development, whether it’s perfecting their craft or learning about other areas of the business.
- Leadership: You’re right in the thick of it, making critical decisions that will clear our path forward.
- Top-tier health/dental benefits: We care about the people we work with and put their health first. NorthOne is proud to offer inclusive health and dental coverage.
- Flexible working hours: We don't clock in and out at set times. You know when you do your best work. We celebrate accomplishments, not how many hours are spent at the office.
- Unlimited paid time off: We hire talented people and know that they need time off to be at their best. Take as much time off as you need to recharge and make sure you’re working sustainably.
- The latest computer equipment: We make sure you have the best equipment so you can produce great work.
- Professional development budget: We support lifelong learners by covering the cost of classes, workshops, conferences and books.
- Remote and in person get-togethers: Bond with your teammates over shared interests at regular get-togethers. Find like-minded people who are passionate about everything from sport and music to gaming and cooking.
- Remote-friendly environment: Flexibility to work from home, office, or both! We support our teammates wherever they prefer to work within North America. We are a distributed team and do not require our employees to be located in one of our office hubs.
- One hell of an adventure!
Few people have been trained for this sort of role and research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they haven’t satisfied every requirement. If you are this close to what we’ve described, but aren’t sure, apply. Let’s figure out together if this is where you could shine.
NorthOne is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, colour, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or national origin.