Title: Customer Care Associate (REMOTE) FT/PT
Reports To: Director of Customer Care / Customer Care Supervisor
Pay: Starting at $15/hour
Hours: 10am - 7pm M-F, 9am - 5pm Saturday (Closed Sundays, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day)
The Customer Care Associate is a remote inbound/outbound customer service call center role that is focused on creating strong communication pathways between SimpleTire and its customers. This role will require that someone have excellent customer service skills, familiarization in de escalation tactics, is highly organized and has exceptional attention to detail. As this is a customer-facing role, the Customer Care Associate is an extension of SimpleTire, and will need to conduct themselves with a polite, clear, and concise demeanor.
The Customer Care Associate is responsible for:
- Handling inbound and outbound phone calls, emails, and chat from online customers. Verifying customer account information and order information. Managing on average 30-40 calls per day.
- Processing online orders, returns, replacements, adjustments, warranties, and installations. Tracking deliveries, installation, inventory, pricing, and ensuring all customers’ needs are met.
- Managing customer issues, ensuring 100% customer satisfaction, including (but not limited to) telephone and email follow-up. Understanding and resolving customer questions, concerns, issues, and needs. Maintaining positive relationships with customers post-order to gauge satisfaction, solicit feedback, and meet any additional needs.
- Working with sales, marketing, operations, and business-to-business departments to ensure a smooth process and customer satisfaction.
- Handling special projects or other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Has/Is:
- Prior experience - 6 months to 2 years of prior experience in a call center environment - receiving inbound customer service calls and/or conducting outbound customer service calls.
- Adaptable and Dependable - Ideally available to work full time during hours of operation (8am – 7pm M-F, 9am – 5pm Sat) including split shifts and evening hours. Ability to support holiday work hours of operation until 8pm. Adaptable and dependable.
- Prior Education - High school diploma required, Associates/Bachelors degree preferred.
- Highly communicative - able to clearly and concisely facilitate the flow of communication and to field questions and concerns in an organic and effervescent way. Excellent written and verbal composure.
- Externally polished and focused - ability to represent SimpleTire’s commitment to providing incredible outbound relations to all within the SimpleTire network. Highly engaged and upbeat, with a customer first mentality.
- Listening skills - ability to listen to a Tire Installers’ needs and concerns to help solve problems quickly and easily.
- Organized and detailed - updating the documents and sheets consistent with the process flow. Desire to support our customers’ needs with excellent follow through and detail.
- Calm and composed - Demonstrated ability to remain calm in escalated environments. Can effectively manage an ever-evolving work environment with a positive, upbeat attitude and outlook.
- Mental Agility - ability to think quickly and shift priorities rapidly as necessary. Coachable and open to change. Demonstrated critical thinking skills, with the ability to multitask and work independently.
- Digitally Savvy - Thorough understanding of computer systems and experience with Google and/or Microsoft office suite.
- Bi-Lingual (not required) - Ability to fluently speak and write in Spanish is a bonus.
- Prior interest in the retail/automotive industry (not required)
Physical Job Requirements
- Continuous viewing from and inputting data to a computer screen.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
Additional Schedule Details
- Holiday Black Out Periods: November 24th thru December 31st
- Agent Schedules: Vary based upon business needs; 40 hour work week schedules are preferred, 25 hour work week minimum
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Company paid Life Insurance, 401k with Employer match, 15 days of Paid Time Off, and 8 paid holidays.
- Company sponsored events, casual dress code, free snacks & SWAG, corporate discounts, and free parking (when applicable).
We are hiring for the following states:
Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Florida, Arkansas, Utah, Indiana, and South Carolina.
SimpleTire is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable law. EEO Employer M/F/NB/Vet/Disabled. SimpleTire will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local laws
SimpleTire is what you get when you pair two brothers who are passionate about tires with a tech junky who’s obsessed with efficiency.
Co-founded as the shared vision between brothers Andy and Josh Chalofsky, and their longtime friend Kenny Pratt, we are the answer to the overly complicated and daunting task of buying replacement tires, for everyone.
Our story began as an idea that emerged when Andy and Josh were working in their family’s brick and mortar tire business and realized the business could work well in an e-commerce environment. As the market began to shift towards new technologies, it was clear to them that e-commerce would be the next forefront for the tire industry and wanted to create a solution that would incorporate private businesses.
In 2012, our co-founders successfully converted the traditional business model into a technology-driven model, which linked independent tire distributors across the country into one seamless e-commerce network, creating SimpleTire.
Today, our network stretches across the country with 10,000+ installers and 3,000+ independent supply points. We employ hundreds of people, support thousands of local businesses, and strive to empower everyone along the process.
We employ 110+ people in our headquarters located in the greater Philadelphia area. We are proud of the culture we have created where every team member plays an integral role in the company’s success. In 2020 t e Company was named a “Best Places To Work” by Tire Business Magazine and was awarded “Top Workplace in the Delaware Valley by the Philadelphia Inquirer.
We think there’s a better way when it comes to getting work done on your car. Starting with tire replacement.
A way that’s more welcome. That’s more you. That gets you to what you need, more quickly. Helps you feel smart about your choices. And gets you on your way, feeling good. A way with lots of data, and tech, and smart thinking. From step one to step done. A way better experience for tire replacement. That's our way. That’s our promise.
Way simple. Way better.