Customer Advocacy Manager at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
Upwork’s Customer Advocacy team are passionate storytellers on a mission to share how clients and talent are reimagining the way work gets done. Whether it’s helping close sales leads quicker, responding to media inquiries or simply sharing stories of how people’s lives and businesses are better as a result of our marketplace, our team’s goal is to spotlight Upwork’s customer successes to drive brand awareness and adoption of new models of work. As a customer advocacy manager, you will play a critical role in helping Upwork expand and scale it’s Customer Advocacy Program by building a pipeline of customer advocates and stories that increase market awareness, accelerate the sales cycle and help articulate the journey towards adopting more flexible workforce models. Success in this role hinges on understanding business priorities, sales processes and customer perceptions and considerations.
This is an exciting opportunity to help grow and scale our advocacy program by building relationships, highlighting customer success stories and evangelizing them across the organization. This is an incredible year to join Upwork’s Customer Advocacy Team as companies increasingly see the value in showcasing how they are evolving their workforce to adapt to changes in the market.Your Responsibilities:
- Expand and scale Upwork’s Advocacy Program by building a pipeline of advocates and stories in support of corporate initiatives including quarterly earnings announcements, product launches, category marketing campaigns, brand activations and media placements.
- Serve as a cross-functional business partner and collaborate across marketing, sales, IR, community and various other teams to identify customer stories that help advance business goals, inspiring and changing the way the world works.
- Develop internal systems and processes to help nurture customer relationships while fostering our ever-growing community and pipeline of ardent advocates.
- Oversee team of freelance advocacy professionals to provide front-end support including data management, administrative and creative services support.
- Excellent communication and program and project management skills combined with a consultative approach to identifying problems and finding solutions while always advocating for our customers
- Customer steward mindset and mentality as well as customer-facing experience (particularly with senior level audiences), and experience initiating and fostering relationships with customers
- Team player who can work effectively and efficiently with experience organizing and managing projects across functions and with multiple stakeholders and contributors
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.