The Customer Advocacy Manager will be responsible for building, managing, and executing AlertMedia’s customer advocacy program with a primary focus on building a pipeline of referenceable customers to accelerate closing top deals. This role reports to our Senior Product Marketing Manager and is based in Austin, TX or remote.
Who you are:
You are passionate about building relationships with customers and work well in a cross-functional role that supports multiple teams. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are a process-oriented person with experience building a reference program from the ground up.
Who we are:
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information, please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
They will oversee the ongoing development and management of a portfolio of reference accounts that can be used during the buying process and for testimonials in all types of media. This person will also identify and collect compelling customer stories and build and nurture the relationships with key customer accounts to drive participation across all advocacy activities in partnership with our Customer Marketing Manager. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in implementing and managing a successful customer reference program at a high growth SaaS company.
- Develop a scalable customer advocacy program to support the growing needs of sales and marketing teams
- Streamline the process for reference requests, manage fulfillment, and develop reporting within Salesforce to track activity and report on outcomes
- Support marketing and communications reference requests to match ideal customers for content, event, PR, and AR activities and increase participation in a win announcement program
- Drive third-party reviews and participation in our case study program
- Partner with Customer Success and Sales teams to identify and grow participation from our customer base and new business accounts
- Develop and own the onboarding process for new customer references
- Create and manage a database of referenceable customers with in-depth profiles and contact information
- Recruit and manage high-touch reference relationships with strategic customers
- Partner with Customer Marketing on growing participation across all advocacy activities including customer stories, video testimonials, quotes, and third-party reviews.
- 2+ years of customer marketing/reference experience
- Experience building and running a successful reference program including, recruiting participants, managing the reference process, expanding the reference community, and reporting on the metrics of the program
- Professional and self-motivated individual, who can organize and manage projects across functions and with multiple stakeholders and contributors
- Experience with Reference Management and/or Customer Advocacy/Marketing tools
- Experience in B2B technology marketing
- Highly customer empathetic and excellent relationship building skills
- Able to perform under pressure, prioritize and deliver results in a demanding and fast-paced environment that requires fresh thinking and innovation
- Position is open for remote location except for in the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington, West Virginia, US territories
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 5 years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.