Custody Servicing, Team Leader at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Custody Servicing, Team Leader
The Asset Servicing, Custody group within Global Fund Services is comprised of multiple service teams that service over 1,400 client appointed investment manager relationships and over 400 self-managed client relationships in North America.
The Custody Servicing Team Leader reports to the Custody Servicing Manager and is responsible for the daily management of a custody service team and ensuring excellent service delivery for client appointed Investment Managers (IM) and/or separately managed asset owner relationships serviced in North America. The team leader, along with the support of the Custody Servicing Manager, is responsible for the ongoing development of those relationships, delivery of daily service, managing business unit operational risk, interfacing with internal partner areas to address issues, and coaching and developing their service team.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day activities of the service team, workload and tracking of performance against objectives and expectations.
- Coach and support team members. Execute the team performance management process.
- Partner with Custody Servicing Manager in identifying training needs, creation and support of career development plans, and analyzing team performance metrics.
- Develop and strengthen team through the recruitment process, with a focus on diversity and inclusion. against objectives
- Develop, maintain, and enhance client and/or Investment Manager relationships through the following:
- assisting in the resolution of complex issues
- acting as a primary point of escalation
- communicating and upholding servicing standards to direct reports
- allocation of resources to support relationships
- Identify and document servicing, efficiency and product gaps for Investment Managers/clients; work with IM Relationship Managers to ensure solutions are being developed, supported, and communicated internally
- Share risk management responsibilities with Service Team through strict adherence to the control policies and incorporation into team culture
- Relevant work experience in custody client servicing or asset servicing operations preferred. Deep technical knowledge of custody operations, including trade and cash lifecycle.
- Leadership and/or direct people management and development experience
- Experience in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment where adaptability and multitasking are critical for success and development. Highly flexible and adaptable to change.
- Critical thinking, analytical problem solving, and organizational skills are required to identify and resolve issues, as well as to enhance ongoing personal development.
- Effective communication skills.
Global Fund Services:
Global Fund Services (GFS) is a full-service provider of fund solutions to investment manager and fund company clients around the world. North America GFS Operations provides Fund Accounting and Administration, Custody Servicing, Investment Outsourcing Operations, Transfer Agency, and Investor Servicing. Our expert team of 900 partners across North America are solutions-oriented, innovative, and passionate about servicing clients and helping them execute their business strategies. We commit ourselves to ensuring our partners reach their full potential.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at [email protected].
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.