At Earnest, we believe in a world where paying for your education takes less time than earning your degree. Join us on our mission to empower anyone seeking higher education to reduce the total price tag of their degree, supercharge their ability to pay down student debt, and get on the right financial track fast.
A little background on Earnest: We're a remote first FinTech company with an accomplished team who believe consumer lending can be radically improved and are doing something about it. We are disrupting the trillion dollar student loan industry by redefining what it means to be creditworthy. We created a company that combines data science, streamlined design, and technology to:
- Build products that simplify the lending process
- Personalize loans to suit the needs of our customers
- Engage with our customers through more human experiences
What makes an “Earnie” culture:
Earnest’s culture is as dynamic as the products we’re building and defining every day. We’re a fast-growing company, and that means we’re constantly integrating the new perspectives of every individual.
Earnies define our culture as:
- Earn Happy Customers
- Our success comes from anticipating their needs and providing the solutions they’re looking for.
- Better is Better
- The path to great means getting better every day. We push ourselves, and each other, to remain curious and think differently.
- PhD in Moving Fast
- Our customers are tired of long wait times and large student loan bills so we constantly seek out ways to deliver faster.
- Passion for Challenges
- Perseverance and optimism are just the start to take on the inertia of a national trillion-dollar problem.
- Impact is a Team Sport
- We maximize our impact when we act as one team.
Our Earnie's are fun, innovative, and willing to rollup their sleeves to help their team succeed in a fast-paced environment. If this sounds like you, and you want to join us on our mission to radically disrupt a trillion dollar fintech industry, keep reading to find out how.
As the Credit Operations Supervisor, you will work on the following:
- Ensure the timely and cost-efficient processing of all departmental volume.
- Ensure that staff has the necessary information, knowledge, and training to efficiently perform all job responsibilities.
- Provide supervision in the training of staff and motivation of staff to foster competent performance.
- Monitor and assess staff performance and administer timely Interim and annual performance reviews.
- Provide ongoing guidance, feedback, and motivation to staff to ensure competent performance and positive client impact.
- Assess staff capabilities and identify appropriate development and training opportunities.
- Monitor key SLAs and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Monitor volume for trends and new issues.
- As required by management, responsibilities may include the research of data and preparation of the required documentation.
- Write detailed requirements and cost benefit documents to support need.
- Assemble and present project findings/recommendations.
- Review PTO requests for approval/denial
- Review time sheets for approval/denial/correction.
- Maintain accurate record keeping for all assigned staff.
- Review and decision application volume within service level
- Partner with Earnest resources and departments to triage client issues and execute resolutions promptly
- Review escalations and follows up to quickly and accurately provide resolution to clients
Ideal background and expertise:
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of consumer credit experience and/or 8 + years of consumer credit experience and/or 2-3 years of contributing to department projects. Minimum 1 year leadership experience
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent oral communication skills, including the ability to orally express moderately complex concepts clearly and quickly
- Must be flexible in terms of hours/shift available to work
- Ability to handle a high volume of loan applications in a stressful, fast-paced environment
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits that include:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.#LI-SB1