- Reviewer-In-Charge (RIC) As RIC, direct the proactive, independent and objective evaluation of the LOB’s Credit Process by establishing an effective testing plan, testing scope and employing QC/QA standardized sampling techniques to achieve an appropriate risk-based sample.• Coordinate and oversee all aspects of assigned credit testing activities while focusing on quality control of transactional reviews and other work performed by the QC/QA team. • Effectively apply CNB Credit Policies and QC/QA testing practices.• Identify, analyze and prioritize deterioration or gaps in the management of credit risk practices and process controls that increase credit risk. • Identify Credit Policy exceptions or Credit Policy application gaps and provide feedback to the 1LOD Credit Risk Program Manager and LOBs; recommend Credit Policy enhancements that can be better interpreted and executed.• Analyze credit testing/assessment outcomes and recommend criticality ratings for identified Issues in the asset quality and credit process.• Present accurate and timely credit testing Self-Identified Issues to 1LOD Credit Risk leadership and Front Line management both orally and in writing.• Prepare timely, concise reports of the completed QC/QA testing, evidencing an appropriate Credit Process assessment and the criticality of Self-Identified Issues. • Follows up for the satisfactory remediation of outstanding Observations, Findings or MRAs, raised by internal (Credit Risk Review and Internal Audit) and external (Regulators) Reviewers/Examiners, respectively. • Positively influence the behavior of credit and lending staff to increase the effectiveness of credit risk management and promote a strong and proactive credit culture through common sense, value-added recommendations and guidance.• Identify and promote best practices and provide “training” to the line on both a formal and informal basis.
- Performs Asset Quality evaluation at a micro/individual transaction and/or macro portfolio level to:• Identify, analyze and prioritize present and future credit risks to assist LOBs to minimize losses.• Determine industry/macro-economic stress indicators that affect the individual LOB and those factors that present leading indicators for higher risk in the near to medium term. • Evaluate major/complex higher risk portfolios for value-added recommendations/enhancements that assist the Front Line in improving the bank’s position.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, economics or accounting
- Minimum 10 years of experience in credit risk portfolio management, credit administration, loan origination, and/or credit analysis as a commercial lender, regulator or credit review officer
- Minimum of 5 years of MS Office experience; working knowledge of Sharepoint, Tableau and Salesforce is a plus
Skills and Knowledge
- Prefer minimum 12 years of experience in credit underwriting, lending or review in a variety of industry types.
- Highly conversant in GAAP financial principles.
- Broad knowledge of corporate finance concepts and theories.
- Strong understanding of credit processes and systematic controls.
- Experience in a BASEL credit risk environment.
- Proficient analytical skills in Credit, quantitative and statistical, including cash flow computations, complex financial statements & industry analyses, rent rolls, MIS data extrapolations and legal documentation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry credit processes, lending policies, and current financial environments.
- Ability to analyze portfolio trends at a macro level, identifying emerging credit risk levels/profiles and symptoms of process control breakdowns.
- Ability to initiate and implement continuous improvement of the Quarterly Credit Risk Monitoring process by setting challenging goals and developing new and innovative approaches to deliver consistently high-quality results.
- Thorough understanding of credit review/testing techniques, including control procedures and principles.
- Ability to multi-task including working with large volumes of information, form conclusions, prioritize issues, determine appropriate action even with limited facts; and effectively communicate to 1LOD Credit Risk management including Credit Administration and Front Line Unit Leadership.
- Provide training in all aspects of credit risk assessment and QC/QA testing to new/junior 1LOD Credit Risk staff, and to other CNB colleagues upon request.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.