Coordinator, Business Operations at The Walt Disney Company (Greater LA Area)
In this coordinator position, you will support the development of general Business Operations. You will work closely and collaboratively with internal stakeholders across the DMED Technology Team, including Global Program Management, Portfolio Management, Resource Management, and Administrative Services. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong communication and organization skills, excellent attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to concurrently manage multiple workstreams and projects.
In addition to contributing to the success of projects, you will coordinate bodies of work across the team such as creating and updating power point decks as well as planning special events. Also, you will provide administrative support for Senior level executives with visibility across the organization. This position will report to the Director, Resource Management.
This position can be located in Burbank, CA, Bristol, CT or New York, NY.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to Senior level executives, including scheduling meetings, processing expenses, managing travel arrangements, and ordering equipment and supplies.
- Compile internal communications including written memos and presentation decks & help to maintain process documentation, while also striving to identify opportunities for improvement and increased efficiency.
- Be a strategic business partner to internal key stakeholders such as Global Program Management, Portfolio Management, Administrative Services and Resource Management. This will include work on projects across the organization as well as space planning efforts.
- Assist Sr. Executives & project teams in preparing for major meetings, all hands, and training sessions, including creating and updating PowerPoint and/or Keynote decks, special holiday projects, and team building events.
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum of 2-3 years of project management/administrative support experience.
- General Skills:
- Excellent computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and ability to learn new software.
- Highly effective communicator, both verbally and written.
- Ability to navigate a matrixed organization and a global network of internal and external partners.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment, supporting new products and businesses.
- Ability to work with the highest degree of confidentiality – exercising discretion, judgment and diplomacy.
- Highly collaborative mind-set.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and partnering capabilities with the ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Team player with positive/easy-going manner to handle varied personalities, responsibilities and assignments.
- Ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Project Management:
- Known for your ability to be detail oriented in all facets.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly.
- Exceptional organizational and follow-thru skills with the ability to work on many projects simultaneously.
- Ability to anticipate needs, be proactive, resourceful and flexible.
- Work Schedule:
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule to accommodate some overtime if needed.
- Ability to work on international initiatives which will involve meetings across time zones and regions, with a mindset towards global scalability.