Contracts Specialist at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area)
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people who promote a sense of belonging and equality with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. What's more, our company balances listening to experiences, providing feedback, and partnership at all levels to create a more inclusive environment. Our team members are able to fully invest in the work that they do, bringing dynamic thinking and energy to Ball Aerospace.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Finance Strategic Capabilities Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
As a Contract Specialist working within the National Defense (ND) contracts department, you will assume a hands-on Contract Specialist role as an individual contributor role.
What You'll Do:
- Provide proposals contract negotiations, contract awards and contract administration on a variety of programs, encompassing all phases of the contract life cycle (pre-proposal through contract close out).
- Establish effective relationships, collaborating with other employees in the department, cross-functionally and with program personnel, and maintain effective relationships with key customers.
- Review contracts and related documents to assess risk to the company and recommend mitigation approaches and ensure compliance with various Federal Regulations and Ball Aerospace policy.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 10 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Hands-on experience in Federal Government contracts related work preferred.
- Business related Master's desirable.
- CPCM certification desirable.
- Government and Commercial contracts experience (domestic and international desirable).
- Experience with cost reimbursable, award fee and incentive fee contracts.
- Experience with Firm Fixed Price contracts.
- Experience with DOD and major Aerospace primes preferred.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
- Agile and effective negotiator with clear oral and written explanations.
- Ability to work a variety of complex issues at one time.
- Experience in developing and implementing negotiation strategies.
- Must be a leader with strong conflict resolution skills in a changing environment.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $108,500 - $149,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.