Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Contracts Administrator III
As a contracts administrator in the Tactical Solutions (TS) contracts department, reporting to a Senior Manager, you will assume a hands-on Contract Administrator III role as an individual contributor.
What You'll Do:
- Provide contract negotiation and administration on a variety of programs encompassing all phases of the contract life cycle (pre-proposal through contract close out).
- Collaborate with other employees in the department, cross-functionally and with program personnel, and for establishing effective relationships with key customers.
- Assist the Sr. Manager in reviewing contracts and related documents to assess risk to the company.
- and recommend mitigation approaches and ensure compliance with various federal regulations and Ball Aerospace policy.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Government and Commercial (domestic and international desirable) contracts experience.
- Business related Master's is desirable.
- CPCM certification desirable.
- Experienced with cost reimbursable, award fee and incentive fee contracts.
- Experience with Firm Fixed Price contracts.
- Experience with DOD and major Aerospace primes preferred.
- Strong oral and written communications skills, computer fluency, agile and effective negotiator with clear oral and written explanations.
- Ability to work a variety of complex issues at one time.
- Experience in developing and implementing negotiation strategies.
- Must be a leader with strong conflict resolution skills in a changing environment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $71,500 - $97,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.