Consumer Strategy Senior Associate II at Dentsu (Pittsburgh, PA)
Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we aim to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can grow. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.Job Description
As Customer Strategy Senior Associate II you will join a team of talented and experienced marketers who focus on helping Merkle clients achieve their business goals
In this role, you will be helping to plan strategy across media and channels, developing and managing of campaigns that produce measurable return on investment and working across multiple vertical markets (Insurance, Financial Services, Non-Profit, Retail, Automotive, Travel, Media and Entertainment, B2B, High-tech).
To be successful in this role you’ll have a strong passion for problem solving, and a deep understanding of how businesses, brands and customers interact, with an advanced understanding of the rapidly evolving role that data and technology play in this relationship. You must possess the ability to identify business growth opportunities and develop strategic recommendations to support the growth of client relationships.
- Build, develop, and deliver strategic omni-channel marketing plans.
- Act as a subject matter expert and be able to translate new technology - particularly in the areas of digital marketing and CRM - into new marketing ideas for the client.
- Show a strong understanding of differences in marketing to customers in different verticals and environments.
- Ensure meaningful client value is delivered through a mix of best-practice solutions, skills, capabilities, and original thinking.
- Collaborate and develop relationships with internal Merkle teams (account management, operations, creative, analytics etc.), and partner agencies to understand the feasibility of cross-channel recommendations/ plans.
- Identify key data points and measurements to show the impact of our approach and strategy on the client’s business.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 4-6 years experience in data-driven marketing – specifically CRM/email/Online media/Offline media.
- Hands-on skills using data and research to drive decisions –proficiency in Excel and research tools a plus.
- Strong writing, presentation, and client-facing communication skills. Experience translating data analysis into actionable marketing recommendations and presentations – proficiency in PowerPoint a plus.
- Attention to detail and the ability to incorporate internal and external feedback on an iterative basis.
- Ability to leverage business experience/acumen to identify new business and marketing opportunities.
- Strong listening skills to understand clients' visible and invisible needs.
- Must have superior multi-tasking, networking, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with high intellectual curiosity, drive, determination, and persuasion skills.
- Comfort and experience working within a highly matrixed organization in roles with a wide degree of latitude.
- 20-40% travel required
Benefits and Perks
- Work hybrid from home and from one of our many offices within the continental US
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401k with a company match of up to 50% on each dollar contributed up to 6% max.
- 19 paid holidays
- Career development and learning opportunities
- Inclusive work culture and focus on DEI