Consulting Director - Cloud Infrastructure at 3Cloud
3Cloud is a “born in the cloud” Gold-Certified Microsoft Azure technology consulting firm and Azure Expert Managed Services Provider that provides cloud strategy, design, implementation, acquisition and ongoing managed services to its clients across various industries. To meet the needs of its clients, 3Cloud offers comprehensive services across Cloud Infrastructure, DevOps & Automation, Cloud Application Development and Data, Analytics and AI. Founded by former Microsoft technology leaders, 3Cloud uniquely offers: (1) highly experienced and proven cloud architects and technologists, (2) strong business strategy, financial acumen and operational proficiency and (3) deep relationship and network into Microsoft engineering and field leadership. 3Cloud is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois with offices in Dallas, Texas and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania while supporting its clients throughout the US.
Summary: The 3Cloud Consulting Director-Infrastructure is primarily responsible for providing technical delivery, delivery team oversight and people management in one or more areas of Azure expertise. The Delivery Manager role provides a career path for Architect and Senior Architect level individuals aspiring to maintain their technical edge while taking on people management responsibilities.
- Manage leading edge technology teams through the client engagement process-driving timelines, prioritizing tasks and removing barriers.
- Function as a billable Azure Architect on one or multiple client engagements with a management defined targeted utilization of 75%.
- Conducting regular 1:1 meeting with your direct reports to monitor delivery/employee performance and establish management business objectives towards professional growth and advancement Identifying training needs and establishing training plans with direct reports.
- Support team members in achieving client delivery objectives.
- Demonstrating a high level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively managing team utilization and bench time at budgeted levels.
- Estimating work at the project or program level
- Managing and resolving personnel issues
- Inspiring and fostering team commitment and trust.
- Contribute to pre-sales processes and activities.
- Assist in defining and driving client experience and engagement processes at 3Cloud with the sales team.
- 5-7 years of consulting experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong internal and client communication skills
- Strong attention to details, with strong analytical skills
- A passion for using technology to solve problems.
- A natural inclination for building and fostering relationships with clients and project teams.
- A love for problem-solving -you can prioritize tasks, manage time effectively and can guide a team through the issue resolution process.
- A knack for teamwork – you are at your best in a closely collaborative environment.
- Microsoft Azure Certifications highly desired, but not required.