For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Consultant, Client Services to play a central role in Guild’s mission by helping to build and maintain solid relationships with current and new Fortune 1000 clients. In this role, you’ll develop an intimate understanding of the strategic needs of our employer partners, providing high-quality and cost-effective project management, consulting, and research support. In collaboration with the greater Client Services team, you will translate our partners’ needs, issues, and ideas into effective strategies and action plans that will scale their educational benefits offerings.
Guild operates on the cutting edge of the Future of Work, partnering with the United States’ largest companies to innovate on how to educate and up-skill millions of employees. These employers span industries, with a particular focus on employers with large populations of front-line employees, including Financial Services, Retail, Restaurants and Telecommunications. The Client Services team is specifically focused on owning these employer relationships, following their decision to join the network. Using a mix of strategic consulting, customer success and commercial orientation, the team manages and grows these large, strategic client relationships.
As a Consultant, Client Services, you will work across a concentrated set of clients to:
- Assist in the execution of key work streams to ensure employer partners efficiently implement & grow their use of Guild offerings, including:
- Implementation of the Guild platform
- Coordination with Guild’s student coaching team
- Analysis of the impact of Guild’s offerings against key client strategic priorities
- Serve as an adept resource on assigned clients, using robust problem-solving approaches to distill research into useful and compelling conclusions
- Increase client satisfaction through the delivery development process, honing your ability to build compelling narratives and visuals while bringing Guild’s insights and critical initiative ideas to life
- Collaborate with our Marketing, Product, and Design teams to prioritize new product development, highlight new offerings, and build employee awareness via marketing campaigns
You are a solid fit for this role if you have:
- Experience building commercial relationships and influencing client outcomes through previous work experience in SaaS Customer Success, consulting, or another client-facing role
- Validated data, research and problem-solving skills, with the ability to synthesize information and communicate insights effectively
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational skills, with a high attention to detail and the ability to keep track of both the high-level progress and the small details
- A team-oriented mindset, thriving in an environment that’s collaborative and celebrates change
- Motivation to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $90,850- $98,750 as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 15 days of PTO/vacation in the first year. After your first year (or for Guilders in Director+ positions), you transition into an open vacation policy.
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.