Construction Coordinator at Brilliant Earth (Remote)
Construction Coordinator- Brilliant Earth
We are seeking a detail oriented, organized individual with a positive, can-do attitude who thrives in a collaborative and fast paced team environment to play a pivotal role in the expansion of our retail showrooms. The Construction Coordinator will be involved in key aspects of the construction process by supporting Construction Project Managers in all phases of a project, including planning, design, construction, FF&E procurement, and technology coordination. The ideal candidate for this role is detail oriented, flexible, comfortable working with tight deadlines, able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, and excited to play a hands-on role in new showroom launches and continuous improvement efforts.
What you’ll do:
- Support projects for multiple retail showrooms simultaneously, working with vendors and with Brilliant Earth internal teams to ensure adherence to timelines to meet launch dates.
- With direction from Construction Project Manager, coordinate project scopes, budgets and change orders with a keen eye for detail.
- Support Construction Project Manager to ensure external project members are meeting deliverables and deadlines
- Assist in the process of identifying, evaluating, onboarding and managing architects, engineers, general contractors, and specialty vendors.
- Prepare and send bid packages for multiple vendors, tracking follow up and inputting bid information into master bid tracker.
- Create, maintain and organize project files to ensure proper documentation
- Coordinate project schedules and travel
- Track construction close-out packages and submission of tenant improvement allowances.
- Prepare meeting minutes, project status reports, process purchase orders, and update milestone tracking reports to ensure optimal organization.
- Read and understand project documents, including work letters, surveys, budgets, schedules, construction drawings, pay applications, change orders, and meeting minutes.
- Work independently and participate in the continuous improvement of processes and implementation of best practices to maximize efficiency of the team.
You’re a great fit if you have:
- 2-5 years of professional experience in an administrative capacity with progressively increasing scope and responsibility
- Retail construction management experience a plus.
- Familiarity with architectural drawings, space planning concepts and store fixtures.
- Ability to prepare, track, and manage multiple project scopes, costs, and schedules simultaneously.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational, problem-solving and time-management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and build productive relationships with partners to achieve results.
- Project management skills with understanding of project management and construction / developing business.
- Robust technical skills, including: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat. Experience with PlanGrid a plus.
- Ability to be successful and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced, high-growth and changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Business or related field, preferred.
What We Offer
At Brilliant Earth, we’re passionate about the employee experience. That’s why we offer an excellent training program and endless opportunities for career growth! In addition, we offer competitive salaries and a robust benefits package, including:
- Equity Compensation. You will play an important role in the growth and success of the company. RSU awards allow us all to share in these successes.
- Insurance. Medical, dental, and vision insurance kick in on the first day of your 2nd month!
- 401k match. We know that saving for the future is important. That's why we offer a generous 401k match.
- Open PTO Policy. We know it’s important to recharge and relax.
- Disability and Life insurance. 100% employer-paid.
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits.
- Continued Education. Company-sponsored learning in leadership, professional skills, diversity & inclusion, and access to tuition reimbursement for role-specific trainings.
- Employee Discounts. As an employee at Brilliant Earth, you’ll receive a generous discount on our jewelry.
- Wellness Benefits. We offer access to exclusive discounts on gym memberships and more, as well as an Employee Assistance Program for 24/7 access to counseling.
- Giving Back and Volunteer Opportunities. In addition to our giving back programs, our teams support local initiatives and spend time together by volunteering.
More About Us
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and a global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry. We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.
How to Apply & What to Expect:
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
You’ll receive an email when we’ve received your application, and can expect an update within a week of applying. The interview process for this role includes a phone call with the recruiting team and video interviews with our leaders!