Configuration Management Specialist Senior at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area)
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people who promote a sense of belonging and equality with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. What's more, our company balances listening to experiences, providing feedback, and partnership at all levels to create a more inclusive environment. Our team members are able to fully invest in the work that they do, bringing dynamic thinking and energy to Ball Aerospace.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Engineering Strategic Capabilities Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Configuration Management Specialist Senior
What You'll Do:
- Provide configuration and data management (C&DM) support for multiple programs.
- Develop plans to implement C&DM requirements on programs.
- Arrange configuration control board meetings, coordinate engineering drawing review and sign-off.
- Establish and maintain required configuration records.
- Utilize and maintain engineering and configuration and data management procedures.
- Operate, input and manage configuration and documentation status using electronic systems.
- Prepare and ship data items in accordance with contract requirements.
- Prepare letters of transmittal.
- Gather and provide necessary data and engineering items to support technical meetings.
- Support Systems Engineering with management of requirements and critical program data.
- Support program management and engineering staff in utilization of database tools and processes.
- Evaluate and contribute to new business and program proposals assuring engineering configuration and engineering data management requirements are properly scoped and risks mitigated.
- Represent C&DM discipline to business units as first point of contact for process implementation and staffing.
- Provide direction to subordinates/peers as well as cross-functional teams
- Propose, coordinate and instantiate updates to enterprise processes and tools regarding C&DM criteria as compliance requirements evolve while assuring tool and multi-discipline platform constraints are mitigated and opportunities maximized.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Effective communication, facilitation and teamwork skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to review and assess data integrity against standards, and train others to understand and adhere to those standards.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, and comfortable learning new databases.
- Experience utilizing databases to manage technical and engineering data.
- Requirements management experience desired.
- Desire to participate in CDM Certification Program.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $108,500 - $149,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.