Conference Director at Informa (Remote)
Who we are: There's no such thing as a typical Informa colleague…And that's how we like it. We're a diverse Group, with over 10,000 colleagues working in many different roles in one of six Divisions and in over 30 countries. Each of us brings something different, a unique set of abilities, experience and knowledge. It’s what makes us who we are.
All our businesses and offices share a culture based on respect and inclusiveness, and a working environment that is enjoyable, stimulating, rewarding and supportive for colleagues. One that enables everyone to fully participate in the life of the Group and its ongoing, sustainable growth.
As a division of Informa, a FTSE 100 company, Informa Markets provides customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through live, virtual and hybrid events, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions.
People are at the heart of Informa Markets. Our business thrives on the passion and entrepreneurship of our 4,000+ colleagues, who deliver over 500 international events and brands in more than 40 countries across the globe.
Using our industry insight, comprehensive portfolio of markets, content and digital resources, we are passionate about creating platforms for our customers to connect and shaping environments that enable businesses to flourish.Job Description
What we’re looking for: The Conference Director is responsible for educating, engaging, and inspiring the advanced manufacturing community through high-quality programming across a portfolio of medical technology and advanced manufacturing events. Working alongside the Group Event Director, they will collaborate to develop conference strategy and manage most aspects of conference /content production—including program development, production, and execution—for virtual and live conferences focusing on what’s neat, next, and new in target markets.
Role Accountability and Duties:
· Conduct market research to inform agendas and programs for digital / hybrid and live events. Analyze internal and external data to inform conference programs.
· Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify compelling topics, keynote speakers and other conference components.
· Develop high-quality, marketable agendas and programs that meet the needs of our communities, cater to identified personas, and drive attendance
· Identify, invite, and secure speakers, with a particular emphasis on outreach to key opinion leaders and progressive thinkers. Utilize direct personal outreach as well as formal call-for-speakers processes.
· Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers, trade organizations and experts.
· Develop conference timelines in conjunction with overall event timelines and manage conference producers to deliver according to deadlines.
· Manage speaker communications through conference management tools. Perform database management for speaker/session tracking and display on the website.
· Organize and lead speaker-ready calls pre-event. Develop any pre-event or on-site speaker packets.
· Participate in regular show team meetings. Communicate progress, needs, and challenges effectively to key stakeholders.
· Oversee conference activities at live events, provide speaker support onsite, and oversee temps managing speaker ready or green rooms.
· Provide post-show analysis and feedback to inform future editions.
· Develop and manage conference budgets.
· Lead a team of two Conference Producers to execute the various aspects of the Conference team.Qualifications
What you bring to the team:
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
· 5- 7 years of experience as a conference manager or in a similar role involved with conference development and production.
· Prior knowledge or experience in advanced manufacturing, engineering or medtech manufacturing a plus
· Excellent scheduling, organizational, and communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to write marketable session descriptions and agendas (copywriting).
· Exceptional attention to detail.
· Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment.
· Masterful multi-tasking abilities.
· Comfort with cold-calling potential speakers and alumni delegates/attendees for research.Additional Information
· Competitive Compensation Package
· Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
· Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
· 401K and Matching
· Generous PTO policy
· Work-life balance
· Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa Markets is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.