Compliance Technology Portfolio Director at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As part of the Compliance Programs team, you will help to create a central global function focused on developing a best in class compliance management system, which will support all regional and core compliance team functions. This team is responsible for compliance risk management through a combination of development, assessment and oversight of key compliance programs throughout Circle.
Specifically, this position will help coordinate and design the execution of the Compliance Technology Portfolio deployed across the global program. You will be responsible for engaging the various compliance officers and program subject matter experts to ensure their program needs are accounted for and appropriately solutioned. You will develop a long-term vision for the technology needs for the global compliance program and work cross-functionally to ensure this is implemented.
What you'll work on:
- Develop the Global Compliance Technology strategy to support the current and future-state needs of Circle, through SME consultation and program assessment.
- Partner with program owners, subject matter experts and all relevant stakeholders to understand requirements (e.g. laws, regulations, guidelines, policies) of compliance programs and products and duly prioritize the compliance technology roadmap to accommodate priorities.
- Partner with Circle’s Product and Engineering teams to establish a best-in-class Compliance Technology Platform to support market expansion and scaling initiatives in a fully compliant manner.
- Undertake continuous horizon scanning to evaluate new tools and technologies and communicate alternative solutions to compliance program leaders.
- Ensure team members have effective systems, controls, tools and information they need to operate and oversee their programs effectively and to meet regulatory, legislative and internal governance requirements.
- Lead the ongoing planning, budgeting, reporting and execution review processes to ensure that the compliance technology portfolio is operating effectively.
- Support the evaluation of the design and operating effectiveness of technology controls, assess identified findings and determine root causes in accordance with policies, standards and procedures.
- Support the compliance change management framework and lead the process to ensure any developments are incorporated into the compliance technology roadmap.
- Develop enhancement plans and requirements documents for compliance programs and create reports and key presentations to update leadership on the progress of the compliance technology portfolio.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 15+ years relevant experience in compliance technology and program management or related discipline
- Experience in planning, executing, and reporting on compliance technology programs and portfolios
- Detailed knowledge of compliance standards as they relate to OFAC, AML, KYC, Card Brand, money transmission, virtual assets, payments and e-money.
- Experience working hands-on with other cross-functional team leaders, such as lawyers, engineers, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts in improving compliance processes and systems.
- Strong communication, planning and project management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of and passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
- Experience and comfort working in an ever-changing industry and the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Apple MacOS preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote