Compliance Team Lead - Trade Surveillance at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:55 p.m. (CST) on Friday, May 27, 2022
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the Role
Kraken has been growing rapidly since it was started in 2011 with expansions into new products, new markets and new Crypto. The Market Surveillance team is responsible for monitoring surveyed markets/order books for market abuse in order to ensure both their integrity and a fair place to trade for customers.
In order to facilitate this growth a Team Lead is required to work under the Market Surveillance Manager and manage a team of Associates/Senior Associates to provide support for the BAU Surveillance Function.
Team Leads will need to have excellent communication skills, both written and oral; be able to manage time effectively given that we have associates based around the world and to also have a solid understanding of both the current regulatory landscape and the anticipated future state. This will need to be demonstrated by an individual with at least 5 years’ experience in Surveillance Roles with experience of leadership; whether that be in terms of people or projects.
- Monitor Market Surveillance (Spot and Futures) via the Market Surveillance Platform.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the performance of Market Surveillance across a range of financial products.
- Have intermediate knowledge of regulatory requirements, including MiFIID II, MAR and US regulatory requirements and their impact on Market Surveillance.
- Carry out market surveillance with the aim of finding and reporting on attempts by clients to engage in insider dealing or market manipulation across a range of market abuse typologies.
- Leverage large data sets and advanced analytical skills to enhance research and investigations, ensuring both quantitative and qualitative analysis is incorporated into decision making.
- Maintain thorough records and supporting documentation for all investigations.
- File Suspicious Transaction and Order Reports (STORs) or equivalent with national authorities when necessary.
- Liaise with Fraud, operations and on-boarding teams as needed during an investigation.
- Actively develop knowledge of criminal methods and typologies as they relate to fiat and crypto transactions, applying these characteristics through analysis of transaction data to identify unusual activity.
- Perform research in support of ad-hoc compliance projects (e.g. program procedures, regulatory inquiries)
- Minimum three-year degree or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, law, international relations, business administration, finance, or similar field preferred.
- Surveillance experience (trade/control room) strongly preferred.
- Experience in using a Trade Surveillance platform for alert management and investigation
- Impeccable communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency analysing data using a variety of tools/methods, including macros, sql scripts, and database tools
- Resourceful and inquisitive mindset with an ability to analyse structured and unstructured data from disparate sources and identify patterns and develop conclusions.
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to take ownership of work product and consistently deliver results.
- Knowledge of the crypto industry is a plus and willingness to gain expertise of the financial crime typologies in the crypto industry.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel including the ability to perform data analysis. Ability to learn new technologies and systems for conducting data analysis.
Location Tagging: #APAC #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
More Information on Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange operates in the Blockchain industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Kraken Digital Asset Exchange was founded in 2011. It has 367 total employees. To see all 177 open jobs at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange, click here.
Read Full Job Description