We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Compliance Partnerships & Regulatory Initiatives Associate will support the Coinbase AML Compliance team with its high priority external relationships, including bank partners, payment service providers, clients, and industry partners. The Compliance Partnerships & Regulatory Initiatives Associate will work cross-functionally with the Compliance, Business Development, Finance/Treasury, Legal, Coverage, Customer Experience, and product/engineering teams to support Coinbase’s critical financial partnerships and regulatory initiatives. This role will be integral to supporting Coinbase’s operations and scalability as it continues to engage with external partners across a range of products, services, geographies, and in response to evolving regulation. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail and results-oriented, agile, experienced in AML and sanctions compliance, passionate about cryptocurrency, and have excellent project and relationship management skills.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Support the day-to-day management of compliance inquiries and requests from bank partners, payment service providers, partner VASPs, and high priority institutional clients (e.g., due diligence questionnaires, Wolfsberg questionnaires, requests for client information)
- Establish and maintain relationships with external partners, resolving business, policy, and technical issues through coordination with relevant subject matter experts
- Support critical and complex AML compliance initiatives including Travel Rule compliance
- Coordinate with internal and external cross-functional stakeholders across Compliance, Legal, Product, Business Development, Finance/Treasury, etc.
- Support the drafting of high-visibility materials and presentations for key internal and external audiences (e.g., senior leadership, industry partners, regulators, bank partners)
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in AML/financial crimes compliance at a large financial institution, bank, consulting firm, or fintech
- Experience in KYC, investigations, and sanctions compliance
- Understanding of banking onboarding due diligence processes, including prior experience with Wolfsberg questionnaires and AML attestations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and project management expertise
- Highly organized and adept at managing competing priorities, diverse stakeholder groups, and ambiguity
- Strong critical thinker and problem solver, with meticulous attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in cryptocurrency
Nice to haves:
- Experience in the banking, fintech, or cryptocurrency industries
- Experience with different payments methods and messaging standards, e.g., SWIFT, FedWire, CHIPS
- Blockchain investigations experience
- Knowledge about cryptocurrencies
- SQL skills
- Prior tech experience / start-up experience
Sound cool? Let's work together.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $96,475 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.