Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial and regulatory compliance in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, risk and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Compliance Manager
Gemini is seeking a motivated individual with a drive to operate in a high-growth environment and strong experience in regulatory compliance to join the recently established Irish office to support our European expansion plans.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and quick study who is comfortable working within the fast-paced environment of a growing FinTech firm. This is a unique opportunity to make a real, immediate impact in an exciting new technology at an industry leading firm well-positioned for success.
The Compliance Manager will be located in Ireland and will report to the EU Compliance Manager / Deputy MLRO.
- Outsourcing oversight - Manage the process to oversee KYC/CDD and AML/CTF checks, and other compliance-related functions conducted by outsourced compliance staff.
- Compliance monitoring and testing – Manage the delivery of a risk-based compliance monitoring & testing program.
- Oversee the suspicious transaction reporting process, including the submission of reports to An Garda Siochana and Revenue Commissioners.
- Issue management – Manage the tracking and remediation of issues resulting from compliance monitoring and resolution tracking.
- Customer complaints – Manage customer complaints received from regulators/ombudsman, drive the research and remediation of such complaints, and lead the root-cause analysis required to resolve any systemic issues identified.
- Policies & procedures – Maintain a strong working knowledge of regulatory requirements and manage the process to ensure any developments are incorporated into procedures and practices.
- Regulatory change – Track new or revised regulations and lead the implementation of internal procedures & processes to ensure compliance.
- Compliance training – Manage delivery and recording of compliance training to all employees on relevant regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Partner management – Engage with partner banks on issue management, compliance monitoring and testing, and audit/examination management.
- BA degree or international equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in the financial services industry with a focus on compliance.
- Audit experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of KYC requirements and best practices.
- Experience with Central Bank of Ireland regulation.
- Experience with high-growth companies, online platform businesses a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Experienced in working collaboratively across different teams and departments.
- Flexible mindset and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and assist in various compliance functions as needed.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.