Compliance Manager at Earnin (Remote)
Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on fairness and people’s needs.
You can help make a difference!
We’re seeking a Compliance Manager to serve as a generalist subject matter expert to mitigate current and emerging Consumer Protection, Consumer Privacy, and Financial Crimes compliance risks by creatively leveraging data and technology to improve the effectiveness of business and compliance processes and related controls.
This is a remote position.
What You'll Do:
- Work cross-functionally to gain a deeper understanding of the company’s processes; and develop and maintain business relationships with external vendors and our bank partner
- Analyze regulations and their applicability to our products and services, while proactively developing creative and compliant solutions
- Monitor, advise, and implement all relevant regulatory rule changes
- Monitor and test adherence to and effectiveness of policies, procedures, and other controls
- Monitor the implementation of corrective actions and escalate when appropriate
- Develop compliance risk assessments to address regulatory risks for associated compliance programs
- Promote awareness of the high standards of compliance, challenge the team, and champion a culture where compliance is a key part of business decision making
- Oversee on-site exams (e.g. banking and third party due diligence reviews) and audits
What We're Looking For:
- 10+ years of compliance risk management experience in Financial Services
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of consumer protection laws and regulations (TILA/CARD Act/Reg Z, ECOA/Reg B, UDAAP, EFTA/Reg E, FCRA/Reg V, FDCPA/Reg F, etc.); financial crimes laws and regulations (BSA/USA PATRIOT Act/FinCEN regs/OFAC regs/ABAC), and consumer privacy laws and regulations (GLBA/CCPA/CPRA/NY SHIELD/VA/CO)
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory risks, processes, and control frameworks, and the ability to design and evaluate the effectiveness of controls embedded within business processes
- Clear, concise, and persuasive written and verbal communication
- Strong orientation to deadline and detail
- Commercially-oriented creative thinker, and problem solver
- Strong project management, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to embrace and champion our core values
- CRCM or other compliance certification(s) a plus, but not required